Terror Plot Foiled

Soldato
dirtydog said:
Sadly views like yours are precisely why we are in this mess and why we are at risk of terrorism in the UK.

And attitudes such as this are the basis of how terrorists achieve their aims. We should not base our attitudes on placating those who would use violence against us, nor should those who use violence be afforded more of a voice than those who do not.

Permabanned
Docaroo said:
That is complete rubbish sorry mate but nothing is further from the truth. All our attacks have been in RETALIATION to terrorism, so how could we have brought the terrorist attacks on by our actions??

You fail to see a valid point, I bet you will change your tune if your family were on a plane to the US this morning and had been blown to bits.

It's soo easy to sit there all high and mighty protesting at the government knowing you are righteously sticking up for human rights across the globe - yay!

If the day comes that a terrorist attack has a direct effect on you or your loved ones will you still cry for the terrorists who have been so horribly prosecuted?

I'll answer for you:

"No."

No one is saying terrorists shouldnt be punished.

Its like if you keep poking a dog with a stick, you dont have much right to complain when it turns around and bites you.

Permabanned
Docaroo said:
That is complete rubbish sorry mate but nothing is further from the truth. All our attacks have been in RETALIATION to terrorism, so how could we have brought the terrorist attacks on by our actions??

You fail to see a valid point, I bet you will change your tune if your family were on a plane to the US this morning and had been blown to bits.

It's soo easy to sit there all high and mighty protesting at the government knowing you are righteously sticking up for human rights across the globe - yay!

If the day comes that a terrorist attack has a direct effect on you or your loved ones will you still cry for the terrorists who have been so horribly prosecuted?

I'll answer for you:

"No."

You need to step back and look at the bigger picture. We cannot 'defeat' terrorism through military means - Blair recognised that with the IRA after all. Why he thinks it will work with Islamic terrorism I'm not sure. We need to look at the reasons why these people target us. Supplying weapons to Israel is one example reason but there are many more. We go round the world poking our noses into other countries' business, dictating to them, bombing them, invading them...... and then act all :eek: when we get terrorist attacks in retaliation.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
iCraig said:
But they didn't pick someone out of the crowd and kill him for no reason, they eliminated him because at the time they believed him to be a threat.

The police can't win, they have patchy information on a man who could be a terrorist threat.

They kill him and find he's innocent - They get called incompotent.
They let him go and he blows up a train. They get called incompotent.

What people dont seem to see with this is. He was a guy with a back pack that had guns pointed at him and he still ran? Who the hell runs if you have police pointing a gun at you and you know what had just happened just a week before.
Its the guys own fault

Man of Honour
Bar said:
So far I have been called stupid and a tool - I thought personal insults were not tolerated on this forum?

At least one person picked up on the flippancy of my remark.

But on a more serious note:

Hezbollah has killed approx 90 Israelis - mostly soldiers.
Israel has killed approx 900 Lebanese - mostly civilians.

Hezbollah rockets cannot be guided.
Israeli munitions are all smart/precision.

Although that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread so please one of the many Israel/Hezbollah threads.

Permabanned
Tri-Woo-Ox said:
Nope, they told me to keep my view's on Israel to myself, but did not stop or tell anyone that had view's saying that Lebanon is getting what it desver's and never mind about the deaths or woman and children.

Hard for us to judge as you clearly have strong views so whilst you may think that what you said was acceptable an impartial source might not.

You'll acknowledge that the Police also stop anti islamic voices being heard and have protected people like the finsbury park mosque guy and allowed him to preach his bile?

If you are trying to suggest bias on the part of the police I'll give you plenty of examples of the opposite.

Soldato
Visage said:

Its like if you keep poking a dog with a stick, you dont have much right to complain when it turns around and bites you.

Funnily enough I used that EXACT same analagy when speaking about the Israeli's attacks on Lebanon.

If you capture their soldiers, what do you expect them to do? Turn around and say... "ooo that's ok mate, don't worry about it - I won't attack you because some chufter things that terrorism is ok and if I attack it would be wrong!"

If you poke a dog with a stick (suicide bomb the western world) don't complain when it turns around and bombs the mother******* **** out of your country. I say again, Israel are fully justified and have my full moral backing in their attemps to eradicate the world of every last extremist terrorist there is.

Soldato
Docaroo said:
THey all have everything that's coming to them. What is the lives of 900 Lebanese civillians dying in a warzone compared to 2,500 who died as the Twin Towers fell?

What the **** have Lebanese men women and children got to do with the people who died in the Twin Towes? TELL ME HOW THEY ARE RESPOSIBLE IN ANY WAY

That statement is so utterly unbelievable I don't even know where to start.

You clearly feel that it is US against THEM, and look down on people from the Middle East, you need to sort yourself out. It's people like you that keep conflicts going.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Zip said:
What people dont seem to see with this is. He was a guy with a back pack that had guns pointed at him and he still ran? Who the hell runs if you have police pointing a gun at you and you know what had just happened just a week before.
Its the guys own fault

Except he didn't run but why don't you go and search for the past threads on the subject, because you have obviously missed them going by your comments.

Permabanned
Visage said:

So if you kidnap Israeli soldiers and lob missiles at them and send suicide bombers amongst them you can't complain when Israel bites back? I thoguht you did not read my posts but the poking a dog analogy is one I made recently in the Israel/Hezbollah thread :)

Soldato
Bar said:
So far I have been called stupid and a tool - I thought personal insults were not tolerated on this forum?

At least one person picked up on the flippancy of my remark.

But on a more serious note:

Hezbollah has killed approx 90 Israelis - mostly soldiers.
Israel has killed approx 900 Lebanese - mostly civilians.

Hezbollah rockets cannot be guided.
Israeli munitions are all smart/precision.

What your failing to point out is that Hezbollah are fighting what is in the armed forces is called a cowards/gurillar war. they hit then hide in the civilian areas.

Dont get me wrong i dont applaude the killing of anyone who is innocent, and feel very sorry for all those caught up in it.

Mordern warfare has changed. Its not like the days gone by where 2 armies would meet out side the towns a fight toe to heel.

Hiding amongst civilians is a too common occurance for terrorists now days :(

Permabanned
Docaroo said:
Funnily enough I used that EXACT same analagy when speaking about the Israeli's attacks on Lebanon.

If you capture their soldiers, what do you expect them to do? Turn around and say... "ooo that's ok mate, don't worry about it - I won't attack you because some chufter things that terrorism is ok and if I attack it would be wrong!"

If you poke a dog with a stick (suicide bomb the western world) don't complain when it turns around and bombs the ************* **** out of your country. I say again, Israel are fully justified and have my full moral backing in their attemps to eradicate the world of every last extremist terrorist there is.

You're providing the mods with a lot of work today... swear words have to be fully starred out and most of your posts in this thread have them :)

Back
Top Bottom