Favourite LAN food/drink.

Associate
Seeing as i live in a huge house with 5 of my best mates, who also love playing computer games, we have a fair few LAN nights.

we set up in our lounge, wires everywhere, and our darn windows dont open so it can get rather warm.

anyhoo, some of our favourite snacks are pringles, dip, cola, cloudy lemonade, beer (lots of!) sweets and chocolate

Last edited:
Associate
Rotty said:
424083.jpg
370px-

hehe, made more the funnier as thats what i thought :)

Thats an old picture!

Associate
OP
I used to be a geek... But I like sunlight and rugby

Who doesn't like sunlight and rugby? I'm afraid you'll have to submit credentials that are more concrete to establish your non-geekishness. Being on an computer enthusiast forum is doing you no favours either on this issue.
-Dev

Ontopic: I love those Rocky bars. Admittedly have never brought them to a LAN though. The last LAN I brought crisps in a bag and they ended up getting smushed into a crip like pulp and I had to "drink" them out of the packet.

Sorry, but I've a crazy image of someone trying to snipe people in BF2 at a LAN, wehile munching a bowl of Cheerios over the keyboard.

I do that when I'm at home but come to think of it I see no reason not to do it at a LAN. A big LAN is basically treated like a persons bedroom people wear T-Shirts and track suit bottoms while everybody seems to make themselves at home walking around in socks and stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
why the 'if youre at a lan you're a geek' thing? so you want to play computer games for a day or two for a weekend once or twice a year maybe, i'd bet you spend more time posting on these forums. forum geek? or dont you like that word

Still you get some geeks, and proud of it, and to be quite honest, respect to them for being good at whatever they do.

Back on subject though, i drink water a lot, and try to eat sandwiches for lunch then it ends up with bbq/pizza/chinese for dinner, then sleep right through till lunch again. I pity the fools that drink/eat crap the whole time as you really do feel pretty bad by the end of it, ive been to enough lans like that that ive learnt my lesson.

Soldato
Anim said:
why the 'if youre at a lan you're a geek' thing? so you want to play computer games for a day or two for a weekend once or twice a year maybe, i'd bet you spend more time posting on these forums. forum geek? or dont you like that word

That's definitely a geeks statement :p :p

Soldato
Dev2 said:
I do that when I'm at home but come to think of it I see no reason not to do it at a LAN. A big LAN is basically treated like a persons bedroom people wear T-Shirts and track suit bottoms while everybody seems to make themselves at home walking around in socks and stuff.

Ah, I'm not concerned about the choice of a breakfast cereal as a fodstuff for a LAN, what bothers me is how exactly you can compete, while drooling milk on your keyboard with one hand.

I've tried the FPS and Cereal combination before myself, and the results were a keyboard filled with spilt milk and coco pops.

Is there some special technique I'm not aware of? :p

Murf said:
First two thing always on my list. Beer and tabs. Will order a takeaway if I get the munchies but I'm not fussed what.

A wise mans choice that. Bring the essentials, and scavange for whatever food is available.

Soldato
My plan for i28 this year:

Thursday : Barbecue
Friday : Pizza
Saturday : Chinese from town, something along those lines
Sunday: Even more Pizza

Snacks inbetween; probably crisps, loads of coke, plenty of beer, the usual :)

Permabanned
Anim said:

Still you get some geeks, and proud of it, and to be quite honest, respect to them for being good at whatever they do.

Back on subject though, i drink water a lot, and try to eat sandwiches for lunch then it ends up with bbq/pizza/chinese for dinner, then sleep right through till lunch again. I pity the fools that drink/eat crap the whole time as you really do feel pretty bad by the end of it, ive been to enough lans like that that ive learnt my lesson.

EVERYBODY LOOK AT THE GEEK!

Soldato
Visage said:
EVERYBODY LOOK AT THE GEEK!

LOL

I have to admit I see it as a geeky thing - I understand why some people enjoy it but it was always a little OTT for my liking. :p If it hadn't been for a set couple of mates begging me to I doubt I would have ever even been to one!

Associate
Haven't really been to lans as such, just gatherings round a mates house.

Where we blast the hell out of each other, on Quake3 or counterstrike and also share music.

The food and drink of choice, was usually Beer and Pizza. :)

Associate
OP
I have to admit I see it as a geeky thing - I understand why some people enjoy it but it was always a little OTT for my liking.

I totally agree with you. LANs are a very geeky thing after all it is fundamentally hundreads of people huddled over their computers in one hall. That said hoever I'm starting to find that if you go to LANs regularly ie. every coulple of months they can become a very social thing where you meet up with your team and just take it easy. The LAN I was at was in a hotel function room and we spent half the time of the LAN in the bar in the hotel just because after every match we just said "Coming for a pint?".

Soldato
as noted above, after a while you go for the social side of things. I'll be at i28, the big lan for august, and i doubt i'll spend a huge amount of time at my pc anyway, mostly at the bar /out and about / watching the big screen etc. If you want to go and play 24/7 then thats fine by me, i wont slate you for it as its obviously what you went there to do. Some people go to lans and dont bother bringing their pc as the social side of it is enough to keep them occupied for the weekend.

Some people might say 'whats the point of a lan if you dont play games all the time?' ... my answer, you wont know until you try it out.

Soldato
Dev2 said:
I totally agree with you. LANs are a very geeky thing after all it is fundamentally hundreads of people huddled over their computers in one hall. That said hoever I'm starting to find that if you go to LANs regularly ie. every coulple of months they can become a very social thing where you meet up with your team and just take it easy. The LAN I was at was in a hotel function room and we spent half the time of the LAN in the bar in the hotel just because after every match we just said "Coming for a pint?".

Personally I'd rather sit in a hall with friends, having a laugh without druken idiots or dieing from smoke inhalation :D

I'm a geek, 100% I like star trek etc. heavy metal, sci-fi and I study Geology and go on walks with a hiking club :D I have to say I pity people who go out friday/saturday to *** same clubs, get wasted etc. :D

Soldato
VaderDSL said:
Personally I'd rather sit in a hall with friends, having a laugh without druken idiots or dieing from smoke inhalation :D

I'm a geek, 100% I like star trek etc. heavy metal, sci-fi and I study Geology and go on walks with a hiking club :D I have to say I pity people who go out friday/saturday to *** same clubs, get wasted etc. :D

Look stop this :mad: It's no fun poking fun a geeks when geeks get in first with a pre-emptive "I'm GEEK and I'm Proud" thing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom