The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Associate
GenHex110 said:
I've been playing EVE on and off for a couple of months but have been playing as a solo player (would find it hard to join/contribute properly to a corp as RL means I can only play an hour or two a night, a few nights per week and not on a regular basis).

I've been ratting in low sec (0.2/0.3), which is fine, but is there any 0.0 space where the local corp tolerates solo ratting (tried ratting in Syndicate but it just seems to be a quick way of getting a new clone!).

Any suggestions welcome!

To be honest, the beauty of EVE is you can dip in and out as a solo player - there are a few corps that come to mind that would accept players even if they could only play for a hour a week - then you would have access to their 0.0 space.

Most corps seem to have more of a problem with players being on lots but not contributing, than people not being on much at all.

Soldato
as above, a few corps don't require any real groups participation (like mine) but mostly they will want you to play with them when you are online.
try asking a FLA corp as they have acsess to the Dek region (north west area) with D2, IRON etc helping them guard their space.
theres PVE when you want it (and the locals are nice with it) and PVP if you want that too, you can always go help D2 fight goonswarm if that floats your boat.
if you're interested give me a shout ingame (names VeNT) and I'll see if I can put you in touch with a recruiter.

Soldato
VeNT said:
we had a realy bad war recently with some mercs who thought we would be easy.
they left system but kept re-decing us after closing the war :confused:
so we've moved up to their space to play with them a bit more. with they would come down and see me in 3JN9-Q

The corp im in recently had mercs hired against us. The funny thing was the people who hired them thought we were a bunch of miners who sat in belts. Boy where they wrong :D . They tried to camp the station we were in once but the second we undocked and engaged them they all docked at our station and the tables where turned :D . Was a fun war which we ended up winning if you do it by the amount of isk lost.

Associate
Jongo said:
The corp im in recently had mercs hired against us. The funny thing was the people who hired them thought we were a bunch of miners who sat in belts. Boy where they wrong :D . They tried to camp the station we were in once but the second we undocked and engaged them they all docked at our station and the tables where turned :D . Was a fun war which we ended up winning if you do it by the amount of isk lost.

The winner of a war is he who had the most fun, tbh everytime my corp starts a war I assume im going to end it with me having total assests of no more than a shuttle and some newbships :D

Associate
[DW]Muffin said:
You ******* prat :rolleyes:
muffin has kangaroo love

my return has been prophisised the pain shall be felt soon (read 3 weekends)

Dj_Jestar said:
It's pretty pap tbh :/ just another run of the mill gank after gank after gank.. with a lot of it at 3x speed.. add to the mix it's what, nearly 5 months old footage?

que shameless plug

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/magick/9cg4twfin.wmv <--- fleety one
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/magick/bangbang_final.avi <-- first move avi xvid so not as good as the wmvs
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/magick/video2.wmv <-- 2nd vid solo and stuff

Last edited:
Associate
VeNT said:
as above, a few corps don't require any real groups participation (like mine) but mostly they will want you to play with them when you are online.
try asking a FLA corp as they have acsess to the Dek region (north west area) with D2, IRON etc helping them guard their space.
theres PVE when you want it (and the locals are nice with it) and PVP if you want that too, you can always go help D2 fight goonswarm if that floats your boat.
if you're interested give me a shout ingame (names VeNT) and I'll see if I can put you in touch with a recruiter.

Vent,

Thanks for the reply - away for the weekend but will evemail you on Monday night.

Soldato
VeNT said:
tbh 0.0 is safe 99% of the time than 0.4

yer in 0.0 just find a system miles from any station and your sorted..its what i do, not been bothered by a sizeable fleet in ages :) u get the odd interdicter camping the gate with another bs but thats just about it

JC

JC

Soldato
VeNT said:
is there a reson these files need to be 100-300 meg?

What is it with you criticising everyones videos?
...vids are now 100-300meg because they are:

a) long
b) high quality
c) no-one cares as most people have broadband

Soldato
AlienWhere said:

a) long
b) high quality

Couldnt agree more. If you dont have the connection or the time to download the videos. DONT DOWNLOAD THEM. Seems simple enough. Complaining about the sizes takes away from the amount of time and effort these videos take to produce, which personally I appreciate very much. Seeing the massive fleet videos people had made on eve-o made me want to join the alliance im in now.

In short. Please shush the moaning about the videos. .

Soldato
AlienWhere said:

a) long
b) high quality

not criticising everyones videos, I'm just wondering why most of them are over 100 meg when most of the ones relesed from CCP etc are about 30-100 meg

and even with 1meg ADSL you're gonna be spending a while downloading a 300 meg file
for people with useage cap (thank god I don't have one) of 1 gig, or even 4 gig, 300 meg is quite a large amount of that cap in one go!

and the qualitys not that good (asin the graphical), 30 mins of footage can be at good res while having a file size of 170MB or so. whereas MOST eve online player vids suffer from lossy compression and large file size, I just don't understand why

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't see why you all think I'm ranting.

I'm just asking why vids with such a high compression ratio have to have such a huge file size.

also lots of the places hosting these files don't even max out my 1meg.

I'm not saying these vids are like that, but lots are.

Last edited:
Soldato
My point still stands. If you dont like the quality, or the download speed, or the size, just dont download them. Dont moan about it.

The size might be something to do with the way the files are recorded by the user. Im sure CCP have a better way of recording than using FRAPS, and even if they dont they are a commercial enterprise and have much more time to go about encoding and compressing files than the average user.

Soldato
Lil old me said:
My point still stands. If you dont like the quality, or the download speed, or the size, just dont download them. Dont moan about it.

The size might be something to do with the way the files are recorded by the user. Im sure CCP have a better way of recording than using FRAPS, and even if they dont they are a commercial enterprise and have much more time to go about encoding and compressing files than the average user.
FOR CRYING OUT LOAD I'M NOT MOANING!
I'm ASKING WHY!

Back
Top Bottom