What to do with a load of Rhubarb

Associate
Rhubarb and Greek Yoghurt - mix it up a bit and add a bit of sugar. (Think you might need to stew the Rhubarb first though, as I think raw Rhubarb when eaten in sufficient quantity can make you ill.)

Caporegime
To be honest, it's the tail end of the rhubarb season, so it's going to be a little tougher than early or forced rhubarb, so I would avoid making anything that doesn't require mullering.

Make jams, compotes and purees - they can either be kept in the cupboard forever (the jams) or frozen (the purees).

If you want to make a crumble for freezing, there's no sense in freezing the whole thing - just the fruit. The crumble part, after all, takes about 10 minutes to prepare, and is not exactly seasonally available.

Be careful not to leave any stalk up your jacksie for too long though - The oxalic acid in the stems leaches out over time, and will cause your derriere to loosen to wizard's sleeve proportions, whilst your entire lower half would take on a luminescant turquoise hue.

Soldato
Take all the leaves and munch on them.......:p

Kidding, don't even touch them unless you enjoy puking and going to hospital.

Considering it is then end of the rhubarb season it may not taste too great, but what i found quite nice was apple and rhubarb stew over some vanilla ice cream (obviously use cooking apples to keep that tangyness)

Or, you can make an apple and rhubarb crumble. I say apple because i always find rhubarb a little sour and apple takes a little of the sourness away.

Another way i enjoy it is up the bum, that always go up a treat.

Permabanned
i love rubarb and sugar, remember spending weekends at my grandpas eating the fruit of his labour and leaving no sugar for a cuppa :)

great stuff, don't really see it in the shops though

Associate
Borris said:
Be careful not to leave any stalk up your jacksie for too long though - The oxalic acid in the stems leaches out over time, and will cause your derriere to loosen to wizard's sleeve proportions, whilst your entire lower half would take on a luminescant turquoise hue.

Oh.. my... God...

The mental image is, well, disturbing :)

Soldato
I would be very dissapointed if at least one stick didn't make it to auction accompanied by an amusing (possibly fictional) anecdote, a link to which should be posted here.

Borris said:
...will cause your derriere to loosen to wizard's sleeve proportions...

Best analogy ever.

Back
Top Bottom