How to get money out of someone

Soldato
As title, an old house mate of my gf owes her and her mate £30 each. He is refusing to get the money until he gets his poster back from them (hugely pathetic) fine we say, meet you here at place X and time X and we can exchange poster/money.

Now he's refusing saying he can only pay via cheque or bank transfer, refuses to meet us, says he doesnt have time........says take cheque/transfer or forget it..........

I have pointed out he is being an awrkward **** but he seems to be enjoying this annoyance, we also dont know where he lives

Any ideas? unfortunatly nothing violent, the mrs wont let me

Soldato
Combat squirrel said:
As title, an old house mate of my gf owes her and her mate £30 each. He is refusing to get the money until he gets his poster back from them (hugely pathetic) fine we say, meet you here at place X and time X and we can exchange poster/money.

Now he's refusing saying he can only pay via cheque or bank transfer, refuses to meet us, says he doesnt have time........says take cheque/transfer or forget it..........

I have pointed out he is being an awrkward Tw** but he seems to be enjoying this annoyance, we also dont know where he lives

Any ideas? unfortunatly nothing violent, the mrs wont let me
cheque is actaly a little contract, so its quite a good way doing things somtimes.

Soldato
why do you have a problem with bank transfer - as long as it takes place before you send him the poster then what is the problem? Make sure to charge him for delivery.

fini

Soldato
Lord Pablo said:
he could cancel the cheque afterwards though....

if he said he will give you a cheque or direct money transfer, why not take it?
if he does then its a breach of the contract, and you can then go to the courts and get his address etc

Soldato
Combat squirrel said:
Yeah ? my alarm bells are ringing in that he will transfer funds in front of us/write a cheque then cancel either, I wouldnt put it past him, hes a worm
look, if you've got his paw mark on a cheque then you've got him by the short and curlys unless he'd dumb enough to give you a faked one.

Soldato
Wait for the money to clear...or if he doesnt want to meet you tell him to post the cash to you, or use an intermidiary(sp?).

fini

Back
Top Bottom