Financial Advice

Associate
Hi folks,

Nothing big, but basically I gave my landlady a cheque for the rent. I had anough to cover it in my account, but 02 decided to bill me twice for some reason and the cheque bounced (my first one).

I checked my account online and saw that the bank had charged me £38 fees for the cheque - I thought it was a little unfair but probably in their T&Cs.

The next day I checked again and it said it had gone through - it had just eaten past my overdraft limit.

I left for a lan party happy that the money I get back from 02 will cover the extra past my overdraft limit.

On my return I found that the cheque had bounced again taking another set of fees from my account.

So my question, is there any way I can get the bank to refund the fees taken so I can pay my rent?

PS: I'm a student on a student account (waiting for loan in Sept).

Soldato
have you talked to the bank manager? - see what he says first - if its a reasonable excuse then they sometimes give your money back - its not much money to them to keep a customer

Associate
Phone O2 and tell them to re-inburse you immediately the amount taken. Then phone your bank or go into your branch and explain the problem. I'm sure they will take the fees off and sort it out for you.

Soldato
02 will reimburse you the charges if its an error on there part

although they'll req a bank statemtent showing the charges

get a statemtne and bitch to the bank about it after you get a statement

get the money back off both them ;)

quids in

Back
Top Bottom