Sensation white 2007

Capodecina
Permabanned
I know it's AGEEEES away, but i'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which location to head out to next year?

Amsterdam would probably be the easiest/cheapest to get to at a guess.

Last edited:
Associate
Wardie said:
I know it's AGEEEES away, but i'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which arena to head out to next year?

Amsterdam would probably be the easiest/cheapest to get to at a guess.

eh? how do you mean? ''what arena'' :confused:

sensation white is a one arena event at the amsterdam ArenA

Soldato
I would say amsterdam one has the best line up year to year and also one of the best atmosphere I have ever seen,

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17595386&highlight=Sensation+white

My experience there this year.

I would suggest look at staying in a nice hotel in amsterdam but if you are looking for the cheapest option you can fly there with KLM at around 12 midday to get there for one and make your way to the amsterdam arena (I would suggest public transport as Taxis are quite dodgy/expensive).

We went for 4 days which tbh was very expensive.

Next year we will be looking at going to the white and black event.

Black was a lot better music this year unless you like house, but thats just my opinion.

some more info here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7330112&postcount=29

KaHn

Associate
KaHn said:
I would say amsterdam one has the best line up year to year and also one of the best atmosphere I have ever seen,

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17595386&highlight=Sensation+white

My experience there this year.

I would suggest look at staying in a nice hotel in amsterdam but if you are looking for the cheapest option you can fly there with KLM at around 12 midday to get there for one and make your way to the amsterdam arena (I would suggest public transport as Taxis are quite dodgy/expensive).

We went for 4 days which tbh was very expensive.

Next year we will be looking at going to the white and black event.

Black was a lot better music this year unless you like house, but thats just my opinion.

some more info here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7330112&postcount=29

KaHn

thats funny, i thought black was crap this year, in terms of dj's, tune selection, and decor. plus the fact that non of the act's could beatmatch for ****, especially cristiano :( and i dont even bother listening to the white sets..not my cup'o tea at all

Last edited:
Soldato
Pete_m said:
thats funny, i thought black was crap this year, in terms of dj's, tune selection, and decor. plus the fact that non of the act's could beatmatch for ****, especially cristiano :( and i dont even bother listening to the white sets..not my cup'o tea at all

This year at black I have heard

Kai Tracid
Darkraver
Technoboy
Catscan
Zany
The Prophet
and Rob Gee

The only one I havent full enjoyed is Rob Gee.

As for beat matching etc I couldn't care less about the technical side to it the music they played imo was top notch.

Sorry if you get too wound up in the technique to enjoy it.

KaHn

/also from white this yr listen to Tiesto, Corsten and Roog and Erick E all of those were very trancey and not housey like klienenberg and guetta

Associate
KaHn said:
The only one I havent full enjoyed is Rob Gee.

As for beat matching etc I couldn't care less about the technical side to it the music they played imo was top notch.

Sorry if you get too wound up in the technique to enjoy it.

agree 100% with the rob gee thing, however sex drugs en gabber house, which he started with is an awsome tune :) they just got carried away with the guitars.

and the music at this years edition was dire imo and many people who attended who i know. zanys set was the only worthwile set of the night. technoboys set was more to apeal for the 'sensation' audiece but was'nt too bad all the same... unfortunately for someone who gets €4000-5000+ extra's for a 1hour performance, he should be ashamed with his so called 'mixing skills'

showtek were ok, but i prefer the older showtek style.

and RUFFIAN!! :eek: wtf? make way carlos and stop talking crap whilst you at it

Soldato
Have you actually listened to the sets yourself? Or are you going on other peoples opinions?

Like I said I personally found this years Black very much to my taste of music, this will not be the case for all but from what i can tell of last years sets to this yr the black scene has became more hard trance than just plain hardcore and gabba, where as the white has became more house.

White isn't what it used to be and neither is Black both are changing and I was trying to advise accordingly as I believe next year black will be even more trancey and white more housey going on the current styles of music around.

But that is just me, I for one will be at both as I found white this year truely awesome.

KaHn

/edit: Also Darkraver dropping Yomanda - Synth and Strings in his set, that would have almost been as big as Tiesto dropping lethal industry during white.

Last edited:
Associate
yes i watched the live stream and have for the last three years

sensation is aimed at a wider audience than 'hardstyle' in general is and this year i think it refected it more so that ever before

hardstyle isn't leaning towards hard trance at all, it partialy originated from hard trance and now the reverse bass is being replaced with a more 'jumpy' kick that next to no one, who has followed hardstyle from 2k, likes too much, including myself

i think the reason you enjoyed it and i didn't is because your at one end of hardstyle and im at the other.

Back
Top Bottom