are the PW5 shipping with new bios now?

Associate
dillingerdan said:
Me! But I ordered from another store which guaranteed the 0701 BIOS.

Heretic! Mods, burn him at the stake!! ;) :D

Possibly a wise choice reading some of the problems people have been having. Does anyone know if the 0701 BIOS supports the Allendale? And, for that matter, does the old BIOS also support the Allendale?

And does anyone know - if you get the old BIOS and it works fine with the Allendale, is it worth still flashing it with the new 0701 BIOS?

Caporegime
Fatfish said:
Heretic! Mods, burn him at the stake!! ;) :D

Possibly a wise choice reading some of the problems people have been having. Does anyone know if the 0701 BIOS supports the Allendale? And, for that matter, does the old BIOS also support the Allendale?

And does anyone know - if you get the old BIOS and it works fine with the Allendale, is it worth still flashing it with the new 0701 BIOS?

The 0701 bios is now really old.

The new 1101 is out.

Associate
Ok, so would the 0701 and the 1101 both work ok with the Allendale? And if I receive the mobo with either of the old BIOS installed, is it worthwhile flashing with the new, new 1101 BIOS? :confused:

Caporegime
Fatfish said:
Ok, so would the 0701 and the 1101 both work ok with the Allendale? And if I receive the mobo with either of the old BIOS installed, is it worthwhile flashing with the new, new 1101 BIOS? :confused:

yes to the first question.

and yes to the second question.

Its always advisable to have the latest bios.They are revised for stabilty,performance and compatibilty reasons.

Associate
@ Tetras - thanks for that, I'd missed his post.

@ easyrider - and thanks for that too. I knew how BIOS updates could affect the system, but wasn't sure if it was applicable to all of the compatible cpu's or whether there may be 2 different versions for the 2 different chips. Cheers for clearing it up.

Back
Top Bottom