Cat /Pet water fountain - anyone have one?

Don
may well work , our cat will only very rarely drink from a bowl , much prefers running water ( still water = stgnant to a cat )

Don
Raider said:
Yeah our cat never seems to touch the bowl of water. Hence i'd like to encourage her to drink more!

we just spend half our life turning taps on for her , when she wants a drink she just stands next to a tap and meows :D

Soldato
I'm pretty sure our cat could always taste the crud that the water companies put into the water, as she would always quite happily drink out of a tub of water we had out in the garden that used to collect rain water. She'd even drink from the pond which was mingin' and not from a bowl of tap water.

Caporegime
How bizzare my cat wont even go near running water, it will rip me to shreds if i even hold it near the sink.

I have noticedi t drinking a lot recently, espcially during the past heatwave. although the thing is ancient nealry 19 human years old so i guess. Its on its last legs.

I did once catch it weeing on the toilet, which i wish i had a camcorder for.

No it didnt pull the chain either :)

Soldato
We've got a similar fountain for our cats. One of them doesn't seem to care much for it and drinks from the old bowl (we always try and give him filtered water - he much prefers it), but the other one seems to enjoy it more.

One problem is that the little "impeller" which keeps the water moving keeps getting clogged with limescale and stops working - apparently it's a common problem with them. You're supposed to take it out and soak it in vinegar once in a while.

Suspended
Raider said:
Yeah our cat never seems to touch the bowl of water. Hence i'd like to encourage her to drink more!

Had the same with mine and was advised by the vet that, depending on the food they are fed, cats can get liquid\moisture from it (ie) Mine gets loads of tuna in spring water.

There you go, just saved you £60 of vet's fees!! :eek:

Soldato
I had a fountain for the little brat, turned out the water evaporated too quickly because of the constant motion, I guess. Had to refill it about 15 times a day until the pump finally got too wore out from going dry.

Anyway, the cat didn't really like it too well. Then I got doggies and got a large stainless-steel bowl for their water. The cat loves it! He puts his little paw in there to create a little motion, then laps away happily.

Might be worth a shot, especially since they're so cheap.

Associate
Cats apparently will only drink from a bowl if it is off the floor...

Mine would not drink at all...Moved the bowl onto a higher surface, window sill, table etc, & they now drink loads..

No idea why? Does work though...

Back
Top Bottom