MI5

Soldato
just read something about how the secret services intercepts emails to track down criminals/terrorists etc...

just wondering how on earth can they do this :confused: do they have contracts with telecoms providers or something :confused:

and no i'm not a criminal/terrorist nor do i plan to be before anyone asks :o

Soldato
The way I see it is everything electronic is recorded, it picks up words that are relative and a copy gets sent to some office who reads through it..

Just dont send a raunchy message to a girl and say a keyword or they get a nice read lol ;)

Una

Una

Associate
Its really not that hard to do if you got equipment in peering with the isps. If you read up on the RIP act, some of the tier 1 isps were asked to install blackbox's for that. Im sure some network engineer here will be able to give you more information. AT&T were intercepting traffic in the USA, im pretty sure the same happens here.. just you don't hear about it.

Seriously though anyone who is worried about their privacy just uses encryption anyhow, which totaly negates this.

Soldato
Menwith Hill aye, supposedly all phone calls go through there aswell and recorded if/when certain words are mentioned in phone calls.

Back
Top Bottom