new 7200.10

Associate
Hi guys.
Just got one of these drives and was wondering if i've got everything set up right. I've ran hd tach (without restarting) and got these figures. Sorry i can't upload any pics but i don't know how to :confused:

Random access 13.3ms
Average read 67.6MB/s
Burst speed 134.6MB/s__________EDIT now with jumper removed 251.3MB/s. Thanks again Smids
Any comments welcome.

Regards

Jobe

Last edited:
Soldato
Jobe said:
Hi guys.
Just got one of these drives and was wondering if i've got everything set up right. I've ran hd tach (without restarting) and got these figures. Sorry i can't upload any pics but i don't know how to :confused:

Random access 13.3ms
Average read 67.6MB/s
Burst speed 134.6MB/s
Any comments welcome.

Regards

Jobe
I take it from your burst score you didn't remove the jumper on the hard drive which enables 300MB/s external transfer rate - other than that, looks very good, slightly faster than mine even!

Associate
OP
i did notice a jumper at the back but with it being an oem drive it didn't come with any bumpf. Should i remove the jumper then. :confused:

Regards

Jobe

Associate
OP
Was like a kid at christmas the day all my new kit arrived.
Will check if it's sata 2 compatable and remove if necessary. Will my burst score double if it is.

Jobe

Associate
OP
Cool. t'internet says my mobo is capable of 300gb/s which is sata 2 speeds so will take the jumper off.

Thanks for your help Smids. :)

Jobe

Back
Top Bottom