Got a new car (also recommend me some ICE)

Soldato
Picked up the XR3i Cabriolet today, pics are from the other thread where I was asking about them.

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Got it MOT'd today and passed it with ease (has been off the road for 3 years though with only 45k miles on the clock) I'm going to have to get a new exhaust though because the backbox fell off when I got to the garage due to corrosion on that part of the pipe but its been welded back on as a temporary solution.

I also want to get a nice ICE install in there, so looking for a headunit that plays CDs and possibly even DVDs so I can fill a DVD up with MP3s and listen to loads of songs. Also going to get new speakers for the front and rear, total I'm looking to spend on this lot will be about £500 so if anyone has any reccomendations I'm all ears.

Soldato
OP
Nathan said:
wow - great condition. Make sure its stealth ICE :)

yeh will be stealthy, front and rear speakers are going to go where the old speakers were and just replace the head unit, may put my subwoofer in the boot as well, if you can access the boot from inside the car that is.

I'm very impressed with the car though, handling isn't brilliant and have to get used to having no power steering but off the line it is very quick and it has a nice engine sound. Might have to look into turboing it :D

Soldato
OP
Morba said:
get a better tail trim aswell ;]

The tail trim is already gone :p

Also any recommendations for a head unit and speakers, I like Pioneer and Alpine, not sure what sort of speakers to go for, will probably go to Halfords and play around with the stuff there then buy online.

Associate
best be a very loud sub in the boot then....we used to work on xr3i cabs when new and the boot is double skinned to allow the roof to fold down, between the car and the boot. absolute pita to run wires. :)

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
The tail trim is already gone :p

Also any recommendations for a head unit and speakers, I like Pioneer and Alpine, not sure what sort of speakers to go for, will probably go to Halfords and play around with the stuff there then buy online.

Don't buy anything from Halfords, please.

As for HU, I recommend Pioneer. Front speakers, have a look at the infinity reference. They retail for £150+, online they are around £90 and on ebay, the cheapest I've found is £60. :) The kappas are also very good. Both speakers produce around 80rms each.

Headunit with 3 pre outs.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4503.html

Amp, Sub, Kit. Ask to update to the 4 channel amp so you can run your front speakers.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3352.html

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3828.html

Soldato
OP
triggerthat said:
Don't buy anything from Halfords, please.

Don't worry I'd never actually buy from Halfords, would just go there to have a look and then buy off a website.

I'd been looking at that Pioneer headunit and also been looking at Infinity speakers so will probably go for that, are the Infinity Kappas much better than the Reference ones?

edit/ just a thought, the front speakers are 4" right and the rears are 6.5"?

Last edited:
Soldato
needmorespeed said:
Thats funny i throught it was the amps that produced the power ;) :D

Leave me alone. :p I was writing that at 3.00 in the morning.

The kappas are slighty better and cost a lot more. As long as you budget for a good set of front comps, you'll be fine.

As the for the size, make sure you check before purchasing. :)

The above system I listed should be ideal, plus you are saving abit. :)

If you had more time, you can always go second hand. The genesis amp range are fantastic. However, it depends on what sort of music you are into. Are you more bass or sound quality?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom