They finally found me.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
And it was all going so well. I've been working on the Anglia for over year now unhindered, nobody upset by the noise, the mess or the old junk car.

Until today. The bloody local kids found me.

Is that a racing car mister? Is that the engine mister? Is that where the oil goes in mister? How fast does it go mister? Are you a mechanic? What are you doing to it mister? When is it going to be ready? What are you doing now mister?

Aaaagh leave me alone!!!

(Kids go away for about 1/2 hour or so)

:mad: Hi we're back now. Can we have another look at the engine again? This is my uncle Jack (who? I look up, old man standing there as well now) The man says it's a racing car uncle Jack, a racing car eh, not on these streets I hope?

Basically this means I've been spotted and I'm not going to get a moment's peace in the garage until they go back to school. NOOOOOOOOOO! :(

Associate
penski said:
Make sure everything's locked up tight, dude :(

*n
Spot on :(
Sad to say to be honest..
depends on where you live I guess, but at my previous house, when building the Cobra, I lives on the edge of a ***** council estate.. suffice to say, my garage was very well alarmed and secured (4 seperate locks)

Caporegime
penski said:
Make sure everything's locked up tight, dude :(

*n

Yep couldn't have said it better myself thats the first thing that came into my head, the kids will tell other kids whats locked away and before you know it you will have a call at 11pm saying your garage is on fire.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
These are pretty young kids and it's an ok area. I'd give them about 11 or 12 max and I see them pretty much every day riding out n the pavement. Harmless, just pesky.

Don't worry though I've got the garage locked up pretty tight. The way I see it is if I'd struggle to get in myself with my own power tools then it's safe. Trouble is I only have one key for the big padlock and the angle grinder is behind it :D

Soldato
I get it all the time.

Kid: "Can I sit in it?"

Kid: "Can I stroke/touch/poke it?"

Aaaggghhhh! The worst kids are around 5ish and they constantly ask questions and stop you from getting on. I suppose it's not too bad, just gets old quickly :D

Soldato
Jonny69 said:
^^^ Hey man you emailed me about the motor show, sorry I didn't reply. I don't use that email address any more and I only spotted it after the show. I just thought I was unpopular ;)

No problems. I actually managed to get hold of 2 complimentry tickets in the end... but I didn't actually manage to go :( Oh well, there is allways next year.

Man of Honour
Crouched in the boot of Kate's Mondeo, holding the tailgate up with my shoulder, welding mask in one hand, MIG nozzle in the other, welding her boot strut back into place, patience wearing thin:

"What are you doing?"

"Welding, so run along it isn't good for your eyes"

"Is it difficult"

"Kids, I'm trying to weld, if you look at what I'm doing it will damage your eyes, so off you go"

*kids stand firm*

"I said clear off, if you look at what I'm doing IT WILL BURN YOUR EYES OUT"

*kids look upset and run off*

Little *****

JRS

JRS

Soldato
When I got the Olds home I had a couple of weeks of the kids from other houses on the road coming to stare at it while I flushed rusty coolant out, changed the rear brake shoes, put a new emissions pump on etc. Apparently it made for an entertaining show, as they were sometimes watching for hours....

Back
Top Bottom