Joining songs together....?

Soldato
Morning all,

I'm not too sure if this is in the right place. As it is to do with software and music..? :confused:

Anyway,

I have a CD that I have copied onto my computer so I can listen to it on here as well. Thing is, when I play the CD on the HiFi, the songs don't have a break between them at all.

However, once copied to my hard drive and played in Windows Media Player 11, it has a two second gap between the songs. :(

Does anyone know how I can make it play without the gaps at all?

Many thanks all! :D

Soldato
In Media Player, click the little arrow under the Now Playing button at the top, and then Show Enhancements. On the bar that pops up below, use the arrow buttons to scrolll through them till you get to Crossfading. Turn that on, and set it to a level that works for you. Should give you the same effect.

Soldato
OP
Just tried it now. It does work a little bit. However when Media Player changes the track to the next one, that's were the pause is for about half a second. I want to take that pause out....:(

Any more ideas?

Thanks guys.

Soldato
Hmm...just tried it myself (I use Winamp usually), and I'm not getting any noticeable pause. It fades to the next song perfectly.

If that doesn't solve it, don't know what the problem could be, sorry.

Soldato
all my cds play exactly the same on my pc as through my stereo. used eac/lame to rip them and foobar to play em. even mix cds, the transition from track to track is perfect.

maybe you need to look at how you rip your cds and what you use to play them? :p

Soldato
Scottland said:
I use the SqrSoft Crossfading plugin for Winamp, and it'll do exactly what you want but the configuration can be a little lengthy to get it exactly how you want.

Winamp has crossfading built in already though. Does this plugin offer anything advanced?

Back
Top Bottom