GD may close for a while

Godfather
Godfather
Due to the declining standards in GD we are considering closing it for a while.

Bickering, insults, rule-breaking - the list goes on. It's better that you maintain standards here rather than having them imposed on you. It's in your hands ....

Soldato
Raikiri said:
And watch it spill out onto the rest of the forum... maybe not such a great idea but we shall see.

Not at all. You get a lot of people who post exclusively in GD and wouldn't dare venture into a hardware forum. Quite a few people come here for the social rather than the technical stuff.

-RaZ

Soldato
MoNkeE said:
Thank God. GD just bores me now - been spending more time in the other forums (music, gaming, hardware).

-RaZ

Then it wont matter if it stays open or closed.

Pointless closing threads, no one is forcing you to read it, therefore don't click it if you don't want to read it. However others may want to read it.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
shifty_uk said:
Am I the only one that doesn't want to see GD closed?

I dont want to see it go either :(
Even though there are crap threads there are a fair few good or funny ones if you know where to look :)

Permabanned
It's a good idea, but what happens when it's re-opened? A few days of sensible threads and back to how it is now? Sounds like a band-aid fix to me.

Removing GD entirely would higher the standards of the forum, if that's what you're after, but the userbase would suffer.

Soldato
Fanatic said:
Then it wont matter if it stays open or closed.

Pointless closing threads, no one is forcing you to read it, therefore don't click it if you don't want to read it. However others may want to read it.

You're missing the point. It's not that they're not interesting to a particular person - they're largely not interesting to anyone. It's just mindless spam, asking what to buy their father for his 101st birthday (like random strangers would know), how to cook a ham sandwich, and general spam like that.

It's been a long time coming, and maybe people will start to think before they submit.

-RaZ

Soldato
Look at all the arguing in this thread now, doesn't exactly show him that we want to keep it open.

I like GD, a few bad threads doesn't bother me, but I find it generally to be entertaining and very amusing. 80% of my time spent on this forum is in GD.

Back
Top Bottom