N80 and Satnav (TomTom)

Soldato
I'm looking into this on behalf of someone else.

I've been informed that currently TomTom doesn't work with the n80 (s60 v 3). Does any one know if/when a newer version will become available?

Also, what good satnav software works on the n80 at present?

Thanks

jmp

jmp

Associate
tomtom should be releasing a version but no one knows when - my advice is to get the "Route 66 Mobile 7 2006". i think its easydevices.co.uk where you can get it for £65 software only. i'd get you a link but im too lazy.

Soldato
OP
jmp said:
tomtom should be releasing a version but no one knows when - my advice is to get the "Route 66 Mobile 7 2006". i think its easydevices.co.uk where you can get it for £65 software only. i'd get you a link but im too lazy.

Thanks, I'd imagined they would be updating it, but as you say the question is when. I might drop them an email and ask them.

What's route 66 like then, is it ok for a novice, or someone not very tech savvy?

Associate
By the way, Route 66 wont work with the 617 firmware due to a bluetooth issue, but if you have the older 614 firmware you will be OK. (fixed loads of problems then created some more :))

Associate
Nokia N80.
No Sat Nav will work with the current production firmware, as it doesn't like Bluetooth GPS recivers. That means ALL of them, TomTom, Wayfinder, Navicore, etc, etc.

Nokia had no idea of the problem until wednesday, when they were notified. Last offical response they now know and are working on a fix. So for the moment hold tight.

K800i Sat Nav, has to be Navig8. Not cheap, but the best solution for the phone.

Soldato
OP
Airax said:
Nokia N80.
No Sat Nav will work with the current production firmware, as it doesn't like Bluetooth GPS recivers. That means ALL of them, TomTom, Wayfinder, Navicore, etc, etc.

Nokia had no idea of the problem until wednesday, when they were notified. Last offical response they now know and are working on a fix. So for the moment hold tight.

K800i Sat Nav, has to be Navig8. Not cheap, but the best solution for the phone.

Is this related to the firmware issue as mentioned by roakes above?

Back
Top Bottom