Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS - OEM

Soldato
Does anyone know if you can get this card in the OEM Format.

I don't want the stupid panel for the front lol,

If this card isn't available, is the XFi Music the same just without the rip off Fata1ty name ?

Soldato
I'm interested too, wondering if I should opt for the OEM music and save loads of money or ***** some cash on the fatality to get the 64mb RAM. I do a lot of gaming and game dev work. Does the 64mb really make THAT much difference? Considering I'll have the card for years (it's replacing an original SB Live) should I just go for the fatality? :confused:

Soldato
OP
There was a review that showed the XFi Fatal1ty game some FPS Back to the game, it was only three or four Frames Per Second though so i don't think its noticeable.

If the sounds quality between the XFi Music and Fatal1ty are the same, then i will get the XFi Music :)

Soldato
How can you tell if it's a dell one or not? Is OcUK likely to have the dell stock?

EDIT: Just bought the Retail one, didn't want to end up with a cut down version. Cheers for the heads up. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music - Retail (SC-034-CL)

OR

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music + HS600 £29.99 Gaming Headset Bundle - Retail (SC-042-CL)

The Bundle is cheaper :confused:

Is there any difference between these two ?

Soldato
Could phone/email OcUK just to check the X-Fi with that bundle is the full retail one. I know it says retail but there is a small chance it could just apply to the headset.

If it is retail then it's an easy choice since it's cheaper and you get a free headset.

Soldato
OP
I got the Extreme music with the free headset in the end, was quite impressive, not too hard to setup at first.

Then i started trying to use teamspeak.

Its a pain in the backside, it keeps making me listen to what i'm saying and i have some how managed to stop it.

It does sound a lot better in games than my Audigy 4 did :)

Back
Top Bottom