• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Urgent Advice Needed...

Associate
Quick help need guyz..

i recently purchased the HIS ICEQ3 X1900 XT from OCUK... its still boxed and sealed... however I have an offer of ICEQ X1900 XTX for the same price.. heres the catch..the box is still sealed but the guy hasent got the receipt since it was purchased as a gift in the US..so basically no warranty if something goes wrong... I still have 1 day to notify OCUK for returning the XT (Distance seller protection act) but dont know how long it takes for them to issue a refund on my credit card (it says 30 days but is it actually that long??! cause being a student im always short on cash etc)... so should i go ahead and buy the XTX or will there not be much of a performance diff as opposed to the XT and thus not worth all the hassle?
cheers!

Caporegime
Absolutely no point, the XTX speeds are not that much above the XT's, just clock it up the extra smidgen to XTX speeds which it will do with ease as as i say the XTX's are not that much higher. :)

Welcome to the forums btw. :D

Plus what if that card goes **** up, and what with their being no receipt and all that your screwed. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
cheers for the advice guyz... its just that wont overclocking produce more heat and these cards are already notorious cause of heat issues (thats why i bought the ICEQ3 but dont think thats makes much of a diff).... i am although quite a bit concerned about the warranty issue, however will be using this card in Asia so even if the OCUK card gets messed up i wont be able to RMA it... suggestions? :D

Caporegime
Well the differance between the x1900 XT and XTX is that small that it probably would'nt produce more heat, or if it did i doubt you would notice tbh as as i say the differance in speeds is minute. :)

Caporegime
Nocturne_sa said:
ah i see...so does that mean that XTXs are essentially factory overclocked versions of the XTs and nothing else?

Yeah, but they are cherry picked as they are better clockers, and have diff memory on em as well i think, but the XT's easily get to the XTX's speeds, just wont clock as far as an XTX. :)

You don't need to clock em though as they cut through everything with ease gaming wise, ppl only clock em to get big 3dMarks. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom