DELETED_5350

Soldato
I used to use sis soft sandra many moons ago. Not sure if its any good now.

You have memtest which will always be the king for memory testing.

Associate
software testing?

I did it for living and its sucks. Plus you dont really need to do software testing as its already been done by a QA Team working a long side a developer. (me now a developer :p )

As far as hardware testing, am not sure of anything to test a CPU but I would assume if there is something wrong with the CPU then it will soon let ya know about it. You would notice the drop in performance. memtest for RAM is great. Each manafacture of HDs should have there own software for checking HD health. And Speedfan has some nice info on HDs also. Also has temp monitoring 2.

Associate
Prime95 is pretty good for stress testing - it gives the cpu and memory a pretty good work out trying to calculate Mersenne Prime Numbers (very long prime numbers in other words) - you can set the data set size so as to test the CPU & in-built L1/2/3 cache, the main memory or a mixture of the two.

I've found it very useful for finding problems with cpu, memory & even psu given the increaed power consumption of the CPU running at 100% load for a prolonged period of time - poor cheap psu = BSOD!

link

Back
Top Bottom