• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poss to have 2x monitors + TV?

Soldato
I have a x1900xt and 2x 19" tft monitors running off it very well, however is it possible I can hook up my TV to the card as well just for watching films on, or can I only have 1 monitor + 1tv ?

Man of Honour
You can only have 2 outputs going at a time from the card. I tried to do the same thing and ended up getting a cheap PCI card to run the third screen.

If you enable theater (sic) mode in the ATI control panel then you can clone the output of a panel onto the TV and have movies automatically show full screen. The only problem is you need the window visible on the main panel too, if you minimise it on the panel it minimises on the TV too.

Associate
sorry for hijacking thread but i have just tried to use an s-vid cable from an x800 to my tv but i could not get anything to dislay, is there a steeing i am missing off in ccc?

Soldato
OP
rpstewart said:
You can only have 2 outputs going at a time from the card. I tried to do the same thing and ended up getting a cheap PCI card to run the third screen.

If you enable theater (sic) mode in the ATI control panel then you can clone the output of a panel onto the TV and have movies automatically show full screen. The only problem is you need the window visible on the main panel too, if you minimise it on the panel it minimises on the TV too.

That would be fine for me as I wouldnt be using the computer when im watching TV, so you can clone one or the other then? the prob i had years ago is it would output the entire screen to tv, which obviously look aweful

Man of Honour
You'll only be able to clone the main onto the TV as the TV is the secondary in that situation.

The easiest way to set it up is to have a pair of profiles in the Catalyst Control Centre and just switch between them from the tray icon. The theatre mode is very good quality wise, far better than having the whole desktop out to the TV.

Man of Honour
doran1801 said:
sorry for hijacking thread but i have just tried to use an s-vid cable from an x800 to my tv but i could not get anything to dislay, is there a steeing i am missing off in ccc?

Have you enabled the TV as a display in the Displays Manager part? I think you need to have it connected first before it'll recognise it.

Associate
cokecan72 said:
are you using a converter that you got with the card? cos you cant just plug an s-vid cable straight into the card afaik???

yes i used the converter. I have gotten it to work on another tv so that is sorted now. Now my problem is that i have my sound card outputting to the tv into the red and white connector at the back but the sound is really quiet. I have turned the vol up in windows to full but it makes no difference.

Associate
yes i have even redone them all to make sure. The funny think is if i run a speaker test, when they run the beeps come out at a good level, just not when playing a game or movie

Back
Top Bottom