MOT Test Certificate

Caporegime
Just about to tax my car so thats me £195 worse off :(

Just looking through my latest MOT and i've noticed the box saying 'Advisory Notice Issued' says 'Yes' now since i didn't MOT the car i don't have the Advisory notice, with this new style MOT Certificate can you view your MOT details on-line?

Man of Honour
thedazman67 said:
You can check MOT records over at http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/ i am not sure how much or how little information that it gives you though, seems to be down at the moment as i cant seem to get it to work

just been having a nose through the same site, but it doesn't look like it records the advisorys - your best bet would be phoneing the test center, but i doubt they keep records....

Soldato
I thought the idea of these new computerised MOT's were meant to store everything in a central location, to make it easy to see things like Advisories.

Obviously not then :(

motinfo.gov.uk doesn't even load here, for some reason. Fantastic!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
OllyM said:
I thought the idea of these new computerised MOT's were meant to store everything in a central location, to make it easy to see things like Advisories.

Obviously not then :(

motinfo.gov.uk doesn't even load here, for some reason. Fantastic!

Found it, you need to goto 'MOT Test History'

Mine was just rear brake pads, np since all the disks n pads have been upgraded anyways :)

Soldato
Ah, works now...

Mine says

Advisory Notice issued
Nearside Front brake disc slightly pitted (3.5.1h)
Offside Front brake disc slightly pitted (3.5.1h)
Nearside Front suspension arm rubber mounting deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)
Offside Front suspension arm rubber mounting deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)

Brake discs and pads were changed a while ago, and I have no idea about the suspension!

Back
Top Bottom