Getting a guitar

R^T

R^T

Associate
Hi there.

Always liked the idea of being able to play an instrument and after watching Once upon a time in mexico (got guitars in it) I have decided to get a guitar.

I definatly want a Acoustic guitar, not fussed about the electric ones, probably a clasical one.

Guy show'd me one in the music shop today and it sounded really nice and looked beautiful.

Was only £45 can't remember the make was a two worded one. _____ ferer I think

So could anyone give me a few heads up tips to help me along the way.

Or point me in the direction of a good starting guitar.

Thanks for reading.

R^T

R^T

Associate
OP
Argos. hmmm yeah now I think about it they did sell guitars (used to work at argos)

Thanks was it good to start with then?

Soldato
well i hadnt a clue about guitar so it was alright for me, it was like £30.. a hohner classical acoustic... still got it, its alright tbh.

i just started with the usual stuff, chords. after strumming away and learning a few scales ... got me first electric.. £60 encore sunburst strat copy....going from a full acoustic to electric feels great because its thinner neck.

but id definitely recommend learning on an acoustic, once you get a few chords down you can strum along to some songs....and it sorta just progresses slowly.

for me it took around a 1and a half to get remotely comfortable.

one point its impossible to play, then all of a sudden it starts to click. was weird.

Soldato
R^T said:
Argos. hmmm yeah now I think about it they did sell guitars (used to work at argos)

Thanks was it good to start with then?

Go to a local guitar shop, take someone with you who knows how to play a bit. Ask one of the staff for advice on a few budget acoustics to try out. Both play them and see what you think, always go for your opinion over the friend though unless it's a build quality issue.

Soldato
If you don't mind going acoustic (metal strings) then the Fender or Yamaha range are OK in your price range. If you do want to go with the classical (Nylon) I'd probably stick to the Yamaha, the C40 is around £60 the C70 around £90. Either way get yourself to a shop and ask to try a few in your price range :)

Back
Top Bottom