• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

opty 148 or A4000+

Permabanned
ive just picked up an opteron 148 for £65 (which i think is a cracking price) but i notice that the A4000+ is only £15 more, so im wondering if i made the right choice ? im sticking with the opty, its just curiosity that leads me to post this. :)

p.s. yes i am an overclocker.

Soldato
opteron 148 is by far the superior choice. check my opteron out, its a crapper one that yours since i have a 146 and im doing 2.9ghz at below stock voltage. my mobo is flapping it if i go over 290htt. :D

Soldato
yes they are very good and have higher multi than opteron 148 too. but the thing is the opteron 148 is more consistent in its overclocks and with the 4000+ its just luck of the draw but they should all manage 2.8ghz, i however suspect that the opteron will do the higher speed with lower voltage.

Permabanned
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
yes they are very good and have higher multi than opteron 148 too. but the thing is the opteron 148 is more consistent in its overclocks and with the 4000+ its just luck of the draw but they should all manage 2.8ghz, i however suspect that the opteron will do the higher speed with lower voltage.

thats just what i need as im using an asrock mobo which can only give a max of 1.45V to the cpu :(

i currently own an opty 146 and although its a small upgrade, for the price of it i just couldnt ignore it :)

Back
Top Bottom