Heatpipe performance once in case?

Soldato
Hello,
I have a freezer 7 atm standing vertically, and coolign is great, but wont performance be more than halfed once it will stand horizontally in my case?
I mean the liquids in the heatpipes are affected by gravity right? wont putting my system in a case mess up temps??
EDIT: Im talking about the Freezer 7 pro's heatpipes, not the ones from my asus p5n32 sli-del EDIT 2: nvm sry im tired, didnt see i said ac7 b4

Atm its like this:

Last edited:
Soldato
no the gravity will not effect the heatpipes as much as you think. more on the lines of 1 maby 2c worse. reason is that they use sinthered powdered wicks to suck the liquid back down to the base.

Soldato
OP
ok thanks all for the reply's, ill put all stuff temproraly in my old case till i get a new case (been plannign to get a new one for ages just didnt buy one yet, but this is gettign too dangerous rammed one of my hdd's twice wit ha cair and also almost killed my gfx card once noticed early enough tho my chair was touching it...), leats wotn have to worry bout temps and ramming stuff then while keeping it in my case...

Back
Top Bottom