Asus A8N32-SLI/Deluxe AMD Skt939 nForce 4

Associate
need 2 get some ram 4 this mobo,i need 2x 1gig sticks :confused:

which shall i go 4?
i have a 1800xt 2 put in it and a Hiper HPU-4M580 Type R 580W ATX2.2 PSU and a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+
to go inside it :)

Soldato
Well depending on what you need it for, I would suggest,

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 - £151.52 (inc.VAT)

or

G.Skill 2GB DDR ZX PC3200 (2x1GB) CAS2 Dual Channel Kit - £152.69 (inc.VAT)

Personally I'd go with the ZX, as it has great timings for a 2Gb kit and can be overclocked as well. :) Great price also!

Associate
OP
Firegod said:
Well depending on what you need it for, I would suggest,

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 - £151.52 (inc.VAT)

or

G.Skill 2GB DDR ZX PC3200 (2x1GB) CAS2 Dual Channel Kit - £152.69 (inc.VAT)

Personally I'd go with the ZX, as it has great timings for a 2Gb kit and can be overclocked as well. :) Great price also!

thanks 4 the reply :)
g.skill good then?
its 4 my gaming rig :)

Soldato
G.Skill are very good. :)

I've went from 1Gb Corsair (Good RAM) but upgraded my mobo which did not like Corsair and so bought 1Gb Crucial Ballistix. That was rubbish and one stick died on me, so then I changed my mobo to the DFI Lanparty and bought 1Gb of G.Skill PC4400LE and that overclocked great as it could hit DDR600+ with decent timings. But I sold that a week ago and stayed with G.Skill and bought the 2Gb HZ kit. So far, again, it's been rock solid. :)

Soldato
Minstadave said:
The GSkill ZX would be my first choice :)
Hi,

I also need a couple of 2GB DDR kits to install in some Opteron/NForce4 systems, I'm just wondering does this GSkill stuff work ok on a divider?

I need to use a 260MHz FSB so either I would need some memory that could run at those speeds 1:1 sync *or* some other stuff that could work on a divider.

I have been using some 1GB PC3200 Ballistix kits for 6 months but as expected they are starting to develope issues (temp fix is up vDimm to 2.85v).

[edit] Does the Opteron/NForce4 platform suffer any performance hit when using memory on a divider?

Soldato
Big.Wayne said:
Hi,

I also need a couple of 2GB DDR kits to install in some Opteron/NForce4 systems, I'm just wondering does this GSkill stuff work ok on a divider?

I need to use a 260MHz FSB so either I would need some memory that could run at those speeds 1:1 sync *or* some other stuff that could work on a divider.

I have been using some 1GB PC3200 Ballistix kits for 6 months but as expected they are starting to develope issues (temp fix is up vDimm to 2.85v).

[edit] Does the Opteron/NForce4 platform suffer any performance hit when using memory on a divider?

The G.Skill ZX will work well with a divider if you want to push the FSB, or perhaps consider the HZ which runs stock at 250Mhz and will do 260Mhz. :) But most people who overclock the ZX kit will run a divider.

There is no performance hit when running a divider, unlike if you ran an AMD XP CPU setup on a divider. :) Just make sure it's running a 1T command rate and everything should be ok.

Soldato
Firegod said:
or perhaps consider the HZ which runs stock at 250Mhz and will do 260Mhz. :) But most people who overclock the ZX kit will run a divider.
Hi,

thanks for reply, yes the Black HZ sticks were what I was originally after but they seem to be *out* of stock. I did check the other day and the Blue ZX sticks were out also.

Thinking about it I may go for the Blue ZX kits as they are £25 cheaper than the other PC4000 stuff, that would be £50.00 saved on two kits and I'm not sure I would notice the difference?

Caporegime
Big.Wayne said:
Thinking about it I may go for the Blue ZX kits as they are £25 cheaper than the other PC4000 stuff, that would be £50.00 saved on two kits and I'm not sure I would notice the difference?

Pocket the money mate, the ZX will do just aswell :)

Back
Top Bottom