P5W DH - Manual says...

Associate
... that if a "Dual Core is being installed, connect the case fan to PWR_FAN1/2 or CHA_FAN1/2 for system stability" (page 2-9)

My case fans have the standard Molex 4 pin hard drive type connector and therefore are going nowhere near those connectors on the motherboard. Is this really a problem? I'm guessing not, but...

And - page 2-10. "Make sure that you have installed the motherboard to the chassis before you install the CPU fan and heatsink assembly."

Really? I thought the usual method was to attach the heatsink when you could reasonably get at the motherboard - i.e. before putting it in the case. :confused:

Last edited:

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Neken said:
... tpage 2-10. "Make sure that you have installed the motherboard to the chassis before you install the CPU fan and heatsink assembly."

Really? I thought the usual method was to attach the heatsink when you could reasonably get at the motherboard - i.e. before putting it in the case. :confused:

I think that's just so that you don't knock the hsf off when lifting it the few feet over to the case.

Man of Honour
Aye, but I think that is actually because the pushpins on the retail stock heatsink need space below them to um.. push the pins through (which could be problematic if the motherboard is on a flat surface).. nothing to worry about.

The other one is a reference to dual core CPUs being rather toasty, Prescott sandwich anyone? Don't worry about it with Core 2 Duo, you have the fans connected anyway, just not to those headers, same difference ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom