I'll have it back by morning.....

Associate
Can I borrow your XDA and GPS for a overnight trip? I'll keep it safe don't worry...

123.jpg

and after telling him not too let the battery drain he managed too bleed it dry.

Any ideas at what price I should charge him for breaking it?

Soldato
Ive always been bought up only to lend things to people if you can afford to replace them, i wouldnt dream of charging a friend to replace anything broken by accident

Associate
OP
We'll he said that I should get my house insurance to pay, I told him that I'll notify my foot, ready for a trip up his ***.

Told him that if he wants to do it via insurance it can be his, and that I'm not waiting around for weeks too be back to normal.

Soldato
Get him to cough up, you were good enough to lend him it now he's gone any broken it he needs to replace it with one just as good if not better.
If I broke a mates phone/pda etc I'd buy them a new one and make sure it was the next model up for the inconveinience I caused.

yes yes, I am great me. :D

Last edited:
Associate
If he has half a brain, he should realise (without you telling him, even) that he should replace it to original condition through whatever way he can (whether repaired or bought again, etc) at his own cost as soon as possible to minimise your inconvenience.

He quite clearly did not take good care of the phone, so it's only right that he should cough up the costs to make good the damage. If I did that to someone else's belongings, and there was no particular circumstances (which there isn't, in this case) then I wouldn't think twice before starting to look for getting it repaired or replaced with my own money.

Soldato
Randell Floyd said:
He left it in a corner of the room in a cheap plastic bag, his mum put a load of encyclopedias on top of it :eek: :confused: :(

In that case its not a accident really thats just not taking care of it, surely his mum knows it was a expensive piece of kit. Her insurance would pay up straight away for such a small amount. Tell your mate to just pay the excess to his mum?

Soldato
Randell Floyd said:
Do you know this for certain?

The guy just called and ask how much did I want, I told him £100 so he said £125 would be with me by tomorrow.

Oh ok, fair play, he's not being an ass about it and promptly paying up. CPW usually charge a lot i thought.

Back
Top Bottom