• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK FX 57 pre order

Soldato
not as simple as just increasing the multiplier.

even a 5 year old can overclock fx57 stabily. the fx57 has ease of use when overclocking so noobs can;t mash anything up. and the only fool who buys a fx57 is a noob to begin with.

axe

axe

Suspended
Cyber-Mav said:
fx57 has unlocked multi. that itself makes overclocking for the noob very very very easy.

it will take about 30mins if that to learn how to overclock .. im sure that i would rather just spend time reading then spend hundreds of pounds for no reason

Soldato
axe said:
it will take about 30mins if that to learn how to overclock .. im sure that i would rather just spend time reading then spend hundreds of pounds for no reason

like i said its for noobs. why do 30 mins of reading when you can enter the bios and increase the multi by 1 notch and hey presto "overclocking in under 30 seconds for dummies who get cash from their mummies".

Man of Honour
I very much doubt the FX57 will be back in stock. Besides, an FX60 went in the members market for around £250 the other day.

Save £100 for 30 mins work? That's the equivalent of £200 an hour AFTER tax :)

Man of Honour
dante6491 said:
and they still hold a SMALL amount of willy waving still.

No they don't, it's like this to me...

"I want to have a big willy hence have bought this."

Really, anyone who genuinely believes that it holds an advantage over slightly worse CPU's (Apart from unlocked multi) is a complete numpty :p

Man of Honour
Hold on a minute. My Opty 165 cost £300 new (probably get it for around £120 second hand now - if that) and runs perfectly at 2.6ghz. While that's marginally slower than an FX57 stock speed it has two cores. So in everyday use it spanks the 57.

For £300 I'd expect more than just one core nowadays.

I still can't see the atraction of the 57 :confused:

Associate
Hades said:
I very much doubt the FX57 will be back in stock. Besides, an FX60 went in the members market for around £250 the other day.

yeah I know I bought it runs perfect in my second rig, building my main rig now conroe should be up and running tomorrow :)

Associate
dante6491 said:
£300, from reading around here 3700's top out at 2.8ghz roughly, the STARTING speed of a fx-57. theretically the fx still clocks above that aswell?

This is true but are a few hundred mhz worth the extra £250? I don't think so.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom