Need to get some music ... d+b/trance ish i think

Soldato
Hi
I've started listening to the occasional drum and bass and some trance. There are some bit of songs that I *really* like, and was wondering if people could reccommend related bands / songs that sound the same as some of these:

you don't exist - infected mushroom, those noises at about 1:18 through the song
pendulum - girl in the fire, pretty much all of it
Pendulum / adam f & tko - Circle VIP 2000 (on jungle sound), pretty much all of it
noir - my mtv (chris lake remix) - those bassy sounds at 1:35

(i've gotten into it since i started going toa couple of raves lol)
i might add a few more when i listen tothem and think "i really like this" :p.
Cheers

Associate
Some albums to get you started:

calibre - second sun
calibre - musique concrete
dillinja - my sound
dom and roland - chronology
ed rush and optical - wormhole
shy fx - diary of a digital soundboy
goldie - timeless

a decent range of dnb there. :)

Soldato
Andy C's Nightlife 1-3 are all cracking CD's. Nightlife 3 in particular is rather epic dnb and a must have for anyone getting into the music.

As for trance, if you like infected mushroom, you should check out some of the Shpongle back catalogue. Their debut album "Are You Shpongled?" was damn grounbreaking and really something else.

Last edited:
Associate
Hellsmk2 said:
Andy C's Nightlife 1-3 are all cracking CD's. Nightlife 3 in particular is rather epic dnb and a must have for anyone getting into the music.

As for trance, if you like infected mushroom, you should check out some of the Shpongle back catalogue. Their debut album "Are You Shpongled?" was damn grounbreaking and really something else.

Yea the nightlife cds, explore the whole spectrum of dnb.
I personally prefer nightlife2.

Associate
You might like to try the following dnb tracks:

Concord Dawn - Morning Light
John B - Mercury Skies
Raiden - Fallin

Dieselboy's Dungeonmaster's Guide and Project: Human would probably suit your tastes pretty well whilst still having lots of variety.

Also, I can't recommend Klute's album "No-one's Listening Any More" enough.

Associate
try these!
pendulum, shy fx, scott brown, aphrodite, aphex twin and dieselboy. when trying out new genres i always find its good to download compliation albums first. MOS have a lot of good albums out there for drum & bass and trance.

Soldato
OP
Hi
Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm going to go and get some of those artist's albums in the next week or so, see if i like em :)

Welshy said:
I dont know how The Prodigy havent been mentioned yet. Might be more comercial than the others mentioned, but amazing nonetheless
Ah, the prodigy are about the only non metal band i have all their cd's for/really like :) They're well good. Im not sure if they are d+b or trance. But they're really good anyway :)

Soldato
Its not quite D+B or trance (as I don't listen to that sort of music) but Anything byu the mad capsule markets (especially Restart! or pulse) would fit the bill. (Kind of a blend of D+B and metal)

Back
Top Bottom