Full MP F.E.A.R. To Be Released For Free - OUT NOW!

Soldato
Medi Packs on mouse wheel was worse though, roll the wheel and use like 5 medi packs would save you from pretty much anything but instagib weapons (forgot their names).

Associate
madmaxx said:
Sounds good, bring it on! So what's in it for the publishers of this - why give it away for free? Sorry if thats a dim question :)
In addition to previous comments... people who download the free multiplayer who have not played the original game may go out and buy it if the multiplayer makes them curious about the single player content.

Last edited:
Soldato
But what about us on the other side of the pond? :(

Who's feeling an OcUK deathmatch when this is up and running? (i've never ever played, infact, seen FEAR in action!)

Associate
eXSBass said:
But what about us on the other side of the pond? :(

Who's feeling an OcUK deathmatch when this is up and running? (i've never ever played, infact, seen FEAR in action!)

Im feeling it, shame I'll probably get about 2fps.

Btw is this recognised as Fear by Xfire?

Soldato
whats taking so long i have been waiting for that clock to finish for a while...bit of a useless clock really...counts down even to the second but is completly inaccurate to when combat WILL come lol it should be "combat is coming eventually!"

but i guess its free so i should stop complaining! ;)

Soldato
I noticed there was no download link too. I was looking in everything for it. I'll download it to test my connection when its upgraded in a few days.

Soldato
Where do you actually signup for your keycode? It says on their site ' consumers simply go to www.joinfear.com and register to obtain their free, Combat keycode' yet there's nowhere on that site where you register, apart from the email newsletter.

Soldato
Arsey said:
we should still be able to click though? not on fileplanet either :confused:

well no because it's not actually released until a bit later in the afternoon. The countdown timer is a bit rubbish and doesn't take account of timezone.

Also I think you may have to sign up to the email thing to get a key to play. Not sure.

Associate
Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't see a download link yet.
It will probably run like crap one my PC tbh, but worth a try as it's free. :)

Also I signed up to the email alert thinking that it would give me the keycode that I read somewhere is required, but it looks like it was for the Vivendi newsletter.

Associate
This is like a way to promote FEAR as a game. If people enjoy it in multiplayer they are more likely to go out and buy the full game to enjoy the fantastic single player mode.

Back
Top Bottom