Full MP F.E.A.R. To Be Released For Free - OUT NOW!

Associate
ITS AMAZING!

gameplay is fast and furious, getting my ass handed to me on a plate by people who have been playing it for months has never been so fun :)

graphics look amazing and runs smooth on my rig, i actually might considering buying FEAR if its anything like this.

btw, any ideas how to get it working with Xfire?

Associate
silversurfer said:
If you use the bittorrent it should be good to go in about 23 weeks at present speeds :eek:

Is there only one torrent?

Does your speed fluctuate? Mine goes from 2kb/s to 100kb/s constantly...:mad:

Soldato
I'm goin to thrash my 1mb connection when I get upgraded in a few days. :D I thought it was only going to be a ~800mb file then i saw it was around 1.5gb :O I'm using bit torrent or a download manager.

Soldato
Raze said:
Sir, i salute you. You've just enabled my download manager to have several mirrors, boosting my speed to max :cool:

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

:D
What download manager do you use? I wouldn't mind one that you can use several mirrors in.

Associate
Is this F.E.A.R. Combat any different than the multiplayer game option I see in F.E.A.R.? I never played that. Why do I need to sign up for a serial key when I can just join any server and play the multiplayer already. I'm a bit confused here.

Michael

Soldato
I've been playing it for a while now and I think its actually quite good. It was awkward at first because I haven't played UT/Quake style game for along time. The weapons are still a bit wierd in that they don't feel very responsive (its sort of like lag) and is the same in the singleplayer game. a lot of fun and its free! :)

As for the graphics, exactly the same as SP but runs better because theres less loading pauses. I can run it maxed out at 1280x1024 4xAA/8xAF and it runs smooth but like the singleplayer I still get sudden slowdowns (i.e. < 30fps) when looking in certain directions, especially at windows/doorways, it seems to render a lot of stuff you can't actually see. I mean the game runs perfectly fine in the fiercest gunfights but, look at a blank wall with a door way and it goes choppy?! :confused: Anyone else get this? I even had the same thing with Condemned Criminal Origins.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played demo when it came out ages ago, was good.

Now that this is free to play its gona be mint. I got it via torrent and speeds were about 50-90k ish and i left it downloading overnight and it was done by when i got up about a hour ago.

Making space to install and defraging the hdd. Then i will install it. Lol got 2 cdkeys cos the sign up for them was dodgy (no 3rd page or 3 pages :p)

I will be probably on the server UocUK. Later if anyone wants a game.

Back
Top Bottom