External HDD Enclosure USB MP3 MPEG4 / DivX Player 5.1

Associate
Hi,
Has anybody come across these before or actually have one, just wondering if they are any good or not.

Enclosure USB MP3 MPEG4 / DivX Player 5.1

Video playback to your TV, PC monitor or Projector without the need for a PC with 5.1 sound.

PLEASE NOTE: REQUIRES 2.5" HARD DRIVE (not supplied)

Just like any other USB 2.0 hard drive enclosure, once you have installed the hard drive of your choice, this device will store all standard PC files. However, unlike a standard enclosure, it is also a stand-alone multi-functional AV HDD player, supporting MPEG 1, MPEG 2, MPEG 4, JPEG, MP3 & Divx format files on your TV and PC Monitor.

Features:

* USB 2.0 interface, windows management, convenient for study, work and entertainment.
* Playback function: Play MPEG4, DVD, VCD, MP3, CD, and display JPG pictures
* You can copy, remove, rename, delete, and edit files/folders in the hard drive while connected to your pc.
* Large drive capacity: Up to 80GB (not included).
* Playback features include Search playback, repeat playback & a-b segment repeat playback.
* VGA video output allowing you to connect directly to a computer display or projector.
* TV signal output autoselecting to either PAL or NTSC.
* Comes supplied with a fully featured remote control.
* Physical size:132 x 80 x 19 mm.
* Weight : 215g (without hard drive).
* Battery operated. Comes supplied with an external battery caddy for mobile use anywhere.
* USB 2.0 and 1.1 compliant.
* Up to 480mb/sec transfer rate via USB 2.0.
* Plug and Play hot swappable.

Accessories:

* Battery caddy
* Remote control
* Mains power supply
* Connection cables
* Carry pouch
* Disk containing all required drivers.

Thanks.

Soldato
Yep, I've come across one and they're great. Can use it as a storage solution and/or a player for DivX moveis on your TV! I'm after one actually, gonna post in the wanted thread though :)

Associate
I really like the look of these, the only thing that puts me off is that it can't be powered by USB only if connected to a PC like my current Laptop hard drive solution does, it's gonna be a pain carrying a plug around aswell as the USB cable.

Soldato
Does anyone know what file system these use? (e.g is it plain windows or something specific to the box) this coupled with one of the usb to network things and parked in the living room could be seriously funky (so long as the usb-network device supports the same file system of course) :D

Back
Top Bottom