The *OFFICIAL* BF2142 thread

Caporegime
Squarehed said:
This is typical EA, a massive confusion-fest :rolleyes:

Yup, i mean just look at what they put on their site

Community Update - 8/17/06

Attention Soldiers!

After much anticipation the Battlefield 2142™ Tuning Beta is officially ready for release!

Today we will begin granting access to players to experience our latest title hands on in full ranked play! With our partner IGN we will begin distributing the Beta and granting access to the forums for players to provide feedback and report bugs. The scope of this beta is highly focused on seeking out player feedback on soldier kits, vehicles, and our new Titan game mode.

Reading that it appears that the fileplanet beta will be out today, but whats really happened is ea have started doing some limited test with only a couple hundred people. I really think they need to get someone who can do webupdates without making a balls of it, how hard is to to say "this is invitation only, fileplanet subscribers will get the test early next week"?
:mad:

Associate
Got up this morning bright and early - input my key having installed. The activation program attempts to connect for a second then just crashes :(

Time to dig around in the BF2142 directory as DICE still haven't posted on the matter .... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Squarehed said:
Got up this morning bright and early - input my key having installed. The activation program attempts to connect for a second then just crashes :(

Time to dig around in the BF2142 directory as DICE still haven't posted on the matter .... :rolleyes:

ScarySquirrel said:
I registered and it just says "We are screening your application"

Well this all bodes well for the full release! Well done DICE/EA you've done it again!!

Associate
ScarySquirrel said:
I registered and it just says "We are screening your application" :(

Fileplanet only have a few keys. they're giving them to the most 'hardcore' players.

I got in off a raffle thing yesterday on planet battlefield - i was a bit lucky to come home when i did!

Btw, Anyone successfully activated the same key on 2 pcs? I'm wondering if it is possible, as my gaming rig is crashing on the activation program. Other PC is able to run the activation program and invalidate words such as 'LOL'... so i just wonder if i won't be able to use to key on this PC if they sort out the issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
Squarehed said:
Fileplanet only have a few keys. they're giving them to the most 'hardcore' players.

I got in off a raffle thing yesterday on planet battlefield - i was a bit lucky to come home when i did!

Btw, Anyone successfully activated the same key on 2 pcs? I'm wondering if it is possible, as my gaming rig is crashing on the activation program. Other PC is able to run the activation program and invalidate words such as 'LOL'... so i just wonder if i won't be able to use to key on this PC if they sort out the issue.

Well I got an email saying I have a spot reserved, but have to wait till the week until I get my key....good timing, when I go back to work :rolleyes:

Associate
Whomever gets to play some beta games, make sure you come and post and tell us how it was, eh?

I'm in the same boat as a lot of other players, I think. I enjoy BF2 tons when it's good, but there are so many annoying problems, issues, bugs etc. that it annoys me no end. Will get 2142 only if I love the demo (and there better be a demo!) and hear good things etc...and especially if it's released on that nice games website for £17.99 like they sometimes do with new games. :D

Associate
Well, i'm in the beta. My main gaming rig can't be activated for whatever reason. But i'm playing on a horribly abused and clogged up old Dell machine...

It's brilliant. I'm just loving it. Everything i felt the game could be, it is going to be. DICE still have a lot of work to do, but the extreme hard work of making a good game is already done. Anyone else in the beta, add 'Squarehed'.

Over and out from the future ;)

Soldato
ive been in for a few days now EA invited me its an abosoloute cracking game my 1900xt loves it :D ,playing with all eye candy at 1680x1050 runs like a dream, really looking forward to full release even though im loving this beta right now

Back
Top Bottom