Carling Weekend/Reading/Leeds

Soldato
Oh yeah!

*does a little dance*

My weekend tickets have finally shown up! :cool:

Just waiting on the parking pass to turn up and I'm good to go. See y'all in yellow camp wednesday night... where I shall be a dribbling mess! :D

Soldato
Download this year they had sniffer dogs on the gates on Thursday... although I didnt get searched once going to and from my car with crates of booze for the entire weekend. I've heard it's pretty laid back at reading, none of my friends that have been going for years have had any problems, so leeds 'should' be the same. And were you really supprised that Global Gathering had sniffer dogs & bag searches... most of the people there are mashed off their faces! :p

What normally happens is, if you turn up and get caught with a small amount green they will likely just confiscate it and let you in, sometimes they refuse you entry to the event aswell so thats your weekend over. If you get caught with pills, mdma, speed etc etc etc basically hard drugs then consider yourself arrested.

Associate
Well HR at work have decided they need a bit of a power trip so have only let me have the friday off, so I shall be heading down thursday night instead.

If they think they can crush my Reading spirit they've got another thing coming.

Associate
I have a spare leeds ticket - is it ok to put it on the members market at face value? Reading the rules its not entirely clear although I suspect you can't. Can someone please confirm for me one way or the other?

Associate
OneWingedAngel said:
I have a spare leeds ticket - is it ok to put it on the members market at face value? Reading the rules its not entirely clear although I suspect you can't. Can someone please confirm for me one way or the other?

face value?

although a very honorable thing of you to suggest, bang it on the bay!

Associate
OneWingedAngel said:

Email one of the Dons

They don't normally allow exceptions but tbh if you are offering them at face value then I suppose you are benifiting the board.

EDIT: I'm off to the pound shop tommorow to pick up some supplys, any suggestions.

So far I'm getting:

Bin Bags - To sit on, hide under and make ponchos out of, saves me taking a waterproof jacket
Matches - For the fire/fags/other ;P
Duct Tape - For everything
Plastic plates - For food although I might make plates out of duct tape and bin liner if im bored/mashed.
Batteries - I'll exchange them at the Duracell tent

Last edited:
Soldato
I got images of Superdude wondering about spaced out in a bin-liner suit now! :D

Oh I'd advise taking a chair, you can pick up a foldable camping chair from homebase for a fiver... you wont regret getting one if it ****** down with rain, and on monday just leave it at the site!

Soldato
you can get chairs there for like £4 a pop, not the best of seats but they last the 5days, and it saves u lugging it in the back of the car !
make sure you get a lot of gaffer, every 5minutes someone was just calling "gaffer" at global, its a god send!

Associate
thelankymatt said:
I got images of Superdude wondering about spaced out in a bin-liner suit now! :D

The bin-liners coupled with a few glow-sticks make a good rave costume. Looking foward to the silent disco :)

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/info/silentdisco.shtml

Ill pick up a chair on the day me thinks. My lot will have a Gazebo so WHEN it starts raining come and find me and enjoy a beer :)

I'll stick an OCUK logo somewhere on our homemade flag for you guys to look out for. Yellow camp 4TW

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick question for people who have been before:

Do you take any measure for security of personal belongings? I'm considering buying an extremely cheap mobile, and not taking my digital camera.

Thoughts/Ideas?

Associate
-westy- said:
Quick question for people who have been before:

Do you take any measure for security of personal belongings? I'm considering buying an extremely cheap mobile, and not taking my digital camera.

Thoughts/Ideas?

I'm taking my Camera and maybe my phone. Best thing to do is carry them on you at ALL times.

Don't leave anything valuable in your tent and never padlock your tent, it's just getting asked to be broken into.

Man of Honour
I'm going to keep my phone on me at all times, and that's the only valuable thing I'm taking, along with my wallet of course, but I don't plan on losing sight of either. I wouldn't be happy leaving anything there, just in case of some curious person venturing into my tent and borrowing things.

Permabanned
As long as you have it with you, it shouldn't be a problem...

OOO 5 days for me (wednesday boy)
My tickets arrived yesterday as well so i'm glad.

Associate
Superdude said:
I'm taking my Camera and maybe my phone. Best thing to do is carry them on you at ALL times.

Don't leave anything valuable in your tent and never padlock your tent, it's just getting asked to be broken into.

All true. Wear something with zip-up pockets if you have them to stop stuff falling out, and keep valuables on you always. I usually bring a cheap old phone just in case i lose it.

My key festival item: A bucket. Handy for washing, carrying water and makes a decent chair if you need it.

Associate
So the running times are finally up so you can spot any clashes etc.

http://www.readingfestival.com/displayPage_leeds.asp?ArticleID=861&URLID=67

Main thing for me is:
9.00 - 10.00 Coheed and Cambria
10.00 - 11.30 Muse

Not the end of the world, but being my first year I've no idea how long it will take to get from the Radio One Tent to the main stage when it's incredibly busy :confused:

Bought myself a self inflating camping mat thingy today and a foldable chair (with the essential can holder in armrest).

So any festival essentials guys? Heard bin bags and wet wipes, any others?

Permabanned
Went to check my tent that I got for Reading Last year yesterday to find that the elastic in the tent poles had snapped on one, so went out today and got a nice new tent, YUM! No dirty people are coming in it. (Fatmas & Zefan!)

Muse & Anti-Flag will clash for me, by 10 minutes, lame..
Saw Anti-Flag at Reading Last year though, so am not as bothered...

So Yeis, 2 Days now.. Can't wait. :)

Take bags, you know.. for wet clothes etc. They are handy and errr anything else you can think of, I know.. wellllllies!

Back
Top Bottom