I own a celebrity domain name

Suspended
OP
RandomTom said:
I bet that guy felt like a complete tool after that, I don't know how I could turn down $1 million, but if it meant that much to him then yeh I can see how he feels, I wonder what that site is... :)
Probably someone off Big Brother, my guess.

nope domain is not linked to anyone there

Big Brother theres no Celebrity there just fools and no brains

Permabanned
I don't see why there is any need to be so protective over the actual website itself.

Just tell us the name and then we will be able to advise you better.

Soldato
RandomTom said:
I bet that guy felt like a complete tool after that, I don't know how I could turn down $1 million, but if it meant that much to him then yeh I can see how he feels, I wonder what that site is... :)
Probably someone off Big Brother, my guess.

I know he must really feel like a real idiot now, he does not have much money so he must really feel bad.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
If you haven't decided on what to do you need to re-read the thread. :)

Some people, who seem to know what they're talking about, have given you some very good reasons for making one descision, and then there's people like me who wouldn't mind if you ended up with SFA. I don't see the conundrum here.

Soldato
Borris said:
If the celeb's people were litigious, it would serve the OP, should they take the fansite idea further, to keep the content as entirely banal as possible. This goes doubley for the UK, where libel laws favour the plaintiff more.

So no more www.tomcruiseisstillinthecloset.com.

lol! I actually clicked on that link! :rolleyes:

Edit: Damn it! Wiill you lot stop posting silly links. I have the urge to click on them :o

Last edited:
Soldato
My advice would be take what you have been offered.

Not a bad return for maybe £20. (should be a lot less)

Ask for more you'll lose it. Wait to long you'll lose it.

Just finished recovering a Domain for a Radio Station.

The person that registered it got zilch, de nada.

Associate
Can a persons name be copyrighted? What if your name is the same as the famous persons name, and you start a .com website? Does one have the right to 'force' it off you and take ownership just because they are famous?

Associate
Duradrum said:
Can a persons name be copyrighted? What if your name is the same as the famous persons name, and you start a .com website? Does one have the right to 'force' it off you and take ownership just because they are famous?

i read a while ago about how microsoft won the domain mikerowesoft.com even though the kid was actually called mike rowe.

this was apparently his settlement http://itvibe.com/news/1217/

Back
Top Bottom