OcUK forums quieter these days?

Permabanned
seek said:
What would that achieve, other than making the place slow as ****?

Not a lot. We'd maybe get 1,200 visitors or something, the site would take an age to load, but we'd set a new record, and could all look back on that total at the bottom of the page with a warm feeling inside!

Whats the point of swimming the channel? Or setting any other record?

Actually it's mainly because I'm bored.

Soldato
how can anyone say its quiet.

post a thread and someone will reply within 5mins if its important. probably less time.

ive never been on a forum like this. this is the best forum i know of.

Permabanned
lemonkettaz said:
how can anyone say its quiet.

post a thread and someone will reply within 5mins if its important. probably less time.

ive never been on a forum like this. this is the best forum i know of.

No-one is saying it is quiet at all. This is a very busy forum with a lot of active users. We are saying it is QUIETER. In relation to how it used to be this forum is a lot less busy. (In some people's opinions that is).

Permabanned
PinkFloyd said:
Why do we have to wait until November? :p

We don't... But as November seems to be the busiest time (from looking on other forums too), I'd guess then would be the best bet!
See, if we did it next week, it might not work, and everyone would be too peeved off if we tried again a couple of months later! :p
EDIT: And I still swear it isn't quieter!!!

Soldato
looks like you joined relatively the same time as me...

cant remember it being any better busier.

it will be the summer effect, wait til you freeze your balls off again and never see daylight, OCUK will be the desert island

Soldato
OcUK prunes posts, so that is not always very good to rely on.

Anyway, its summer, more people are out and about, the hardware side of things is ALWAYS lower in the summer than winter.

When people are stuck indoors on rainy days it picks up, as does the level of posting in the winter.

People have lives off the forums, they are most certainly not any worse than your Sep 2005 signup date Quantic; can not see how you can compare a summer to winter on the internet, especially when you have not been on OcUK for a summer before.

Permabanned
? He's been on 12 months! Surely that constitutes a complete cycle through the seasons...

I personally have only been signed up since December, but have been reading the forums well over 2 years.

Only started posting here when my regular forum began to dry up.

Caporegime
Yewen said:
People have lives off the forums, ...

OMGWTFBBQ!!! There is an outside???

*Dies*

On a different note Spie as your on here how much does it actually cost to host this forum and what machines and memory does it use?

Permabanned
Yewen said:
OcUK prunes posts, so that is not always very good to rely on.

Anyway, its summer, more people are out and about, the hardware side of things is ALWAYS lower in the summer than winter.

When people are stuck indoors on rainy days it picks up, as does the level of posting in the winter.

People have lives off the forums, they are most certainly not any worse than your Sep 2005 signup date Quantic; can not see how you can compare a summer to winter on the internet, especially when you have not been on OcUK for a summer before.

I've actually been a member on the forum longer than you Yewen. This account was indeed created in 2005 but I had an account dating back to October 2003 (maybe earlier) which for personal reasons I requested deleted. So please don't presume.

Soldato
Amp34 said:
On a different note Spie as your on here how much does it actually cost to host this forum and what machines and memory does it use?
I vaguely remember someone saying something in the region of £17'000 last time this was brought up. But my memory sucks, so thats probably way off tbh.

Soldato
Quantic said:
I've actually been a member on the forum longer than you Yewen. This account was indeed created in 2005 but I had an account dating back to October 2003 (maybe earlier) which for personal reasons I requested deleted. So please don't presume.

Never knew, I have been on for longer than my Yewen sign up date as I was pre-nuke but then drifted away. :)

You can only go by what you have seen on the forums unfortunately.

Permabanned
Yewen said:
Never knew, I have been on for longer than my Yewen sign up date as I was pre-nuke but then drifted away. :)

Fair dos mate. I wasn't pre-nuke, I arrived just after and been stuck ever since. :p

Soldato
Yewen said:

O/T

Yewen...........Don............when'd that happen :eek:

Congrats anyways mate.

Back
Top Bottom