Poll: OcUKGraphics Comp - Season One: Round Two - "Opposites" DISCUSSION

Whose competition entry do you prefer (read first post before voting)?

• mrdbristol

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Mr_L

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Retorted

• Sp00n

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • NaTe

• Nimzicki

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • MaxPower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SamHandwich

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
NaTe said:
took what i said into consideration a bit? :D

I would have been foolish not to listen to your comment. :D

As i said in an earlier post , the words " Visible lack of effort " kept going through my head , and i went abit (!) OTT maybe.

The only way to learn is to listen to others , I'm 39 and do this for a hobby/fun whereas you "young uns" ( not mean't to sound patronising or anything ) have some enviable talent and will go on to make a living from your ability.

Look at it as "teaching and old dog new tricks" :D

Question : How the Hell did you make your entry ? I am seriously in awe at that.

Cheers,

Mark

Associate
i dunno i dont think mine has that 'wow' factor that i think you need to win a round of this competition. Maybe it will come to me, i have lost what very little creative flair i have.

Its all the coding i do at work i think. Hopefully there will be a round where i can crack out one of my old pieces and maybe score some points!

Soldato
OP
I've sent Berserker an email to see if he will set up a poll for us. I'm not sure if he's at the OMGWTFBBQ, so if he is it might not happen until later today or tommorow.

Soldato
Are we supposed to make a real vote in the poll for the winner. I mean, I want to vote for SamHandwich, but I wouldn't be following the mark scheme at all. In fact, It'd be the mark scheme but playing opposites (hmm, pun there perhaps :p )

Ninja edit: screw it, Sam gets the vote :D

Soldato
OP
With all respect to SamHandwich; I personally think the competition is about the best made work which suitably represents the theme rather than the one that makes you laugh the most.

You're implying that you havn't made a real vote; if that's the case then you've screwed the poll up.

Associate
Mr_L said:
With all respect to SamHandwich; I personally think the competition is about the best made work which suitably represents the theme rather than the one that makes you laugh the most.

You're implying that you havn't made a real vote; if that's the case then you've screwed the poll up.

I don't actually see why people keep laughing at my entry. It took me a good few hours, and while it may not be quite up to the standard of "sp00n"'s entry, I think it's a good try for a Photoshop n00b. I also feel it portrays the themes of opposites quite nicely.

I've been trying not to take offence, but I really think it's at least as good as at least half of the entries so it deserves to be taken seriously.

Man of Honour
Nimzicki said:
This should never have been put to a poll, id much rather go back to the proper judging which is based on the set criteria...

I argued this much , in the last round discussion and was over-ruled and accepted a majority decision.

It would be interesting to find out why the 20 people who voted for a poll haven't entered. :rolleyes:

The polling system is going to be flawed , random votes , joke votes , friends of friends etc.

Too late this round , but yes , keep the judging " in house " for future.

Cheers,

Mark

Associate
mrdbristol said:
I argued this much , in the last round discussion and was over-ruled and accepted a majority decision.

It would be interesting to find out why the 20 people who voted for a poll haven't entered. :rolleyes:

The polling system is going to be flawed , random votes , joke votes , friends of friends etc.

Too late this round , but yes , keep the judging " in house " for future.

Cheers,

Mark

Hence why I haven't got a single vote :( :p

The voting system does tend to bias some of the decisions away from the key factors pointed out in the OP. Nevermind its all a bit of fun anyway.

Soldato
OP
SamHandwich said:
I don't actually see why people keep laughing at my entry. It took me a good few hours, and while it may not be quite up to the standard of "sp00n"'s entry, I think it's a good try for a Photoshop n00b. I also feel it portrays the themes of opposites quite nicely.

I've been trying not to take offence, but I really think it's at least as good as at least half of the entries so it deserves to be taken seriously.
I apologise if you're offended by anything I've written in my post.

I wasn't implying, purposefully, that your entry doesn't represent the theme well or that it shouldn't be taken seriosly. I was just pointing out to joeyjojo that voting for the one he or anyone thinks is the funniest is not what the competition is about.

Last edited:
Associate
Mr_L said:
I apologise if you're offended by anything I've written in my post.

I wasn't implying, purposefully, that your entry doesn't represent the theme well or that it shouldn't be taken seriosly. I was just pointing out to joeyjojo that voting for the one he or anyone thinks is the funniest is not what the competition is about.

;)

Soldato
Sorry about the slow reply.

Mr_L said:
...I personally think the competition is about the best made work which suitably represents the theme rather than the one that makes you laugh the most.

Agreed, which is why I asked about voting according to the mark scheme. Agreed, yes I probably have screwed the poll up, sorry.

Nimzicki said:
This should never have been put to a poll, id much rather go back to the proper judging which is based on the set criteria...
Probably a good idea. If it goes to a poll, please explain that it's a serious competition and to stick to the mark criteria, or dont vote at all.

MaxPower said:
Nevermind its all a bit of fun anyway.
That's what I thought mate. If it's serious I apologise for messing up the poll, and any offence caused. All great entries and I've really enjoy looking through peoples work.

Cheers

Soldato
TBH samhandwich totally smashed it, he gets my vote
icon14.gif

Back
Top Bottom