Supermarkets now reduced fuel prices...

Associate
in my experience total petrol seems to be best for my golf.

theres also a petrol station 89.9 here in wolves :)

Soldato
Was paying 95.9/96.9 but filled up in Sainsbury's on friday night for 92.9, Shell, ESSO etc. are 93.9 but my most local garage (Total) is 96.9 still, I just fill up when I'm out and about not that it matters too much.

Soldato
I get the daily email from PetrolPrices.com - plus I pass 2 Shell garages on the way to/from work, I've noticed on all 3 that price has been dropping.

Was 98.9 ,then 96.9 then 94.9 then 93.9 now 92.9 :)

I hope it keeps going downwards ;)

Soldato
spaz said:
Nowt wrong with supermarket fuel, fast turnover so usually fresher fuel, plus it's cheap(ish).

I'd disagree with that

It's usually lower grade stuff and the quality can be very variable

The last time I put Tesco rubbish in my car it wouldn't move and it had trouble starting. It drank the stuff too

It's simply not worth it to save, what, 1 or 2 pence per litre? That's 40-80p for a typical tank? A bottle of Coke?

The only supermarket stuff that I've found to be any good is Sainsbury's Super Unleaded from the Sainsbury's store in Broadstairs. This is the exception, not the rule though

Soldato
Absolute tripe :D

Put in the car and it wouldnt move??? :D are you serious?

I stick it in anything that i have moving, it went in a bike that was run on a track recently (albeit the super unleaded version) and it goes in my 1000cc road bike without a problem whatsoever.

Honestly if you were running a turbo then maybe you might have a few problems with detonation or something but even my GT4 managed to use the Tesco stuff without complaining about it :D

It might be a lower grade but the car should still run fine on it, its mostly people's imagination and internet misinformation that cause this sort of problem :D

Associate
My little town has a BP and a Total. Both are still 98.9. A town 10 miles away which is also right on the A1 has 5 stations. They're all 93.9. The petrol stations here must realise that they have no competition and so can rip people off.

Soldato
L Plate said:
Absolute tripe :D

Put in the car and it wouldnt move??? :D are you serious?

I stick it in anything that i have moving, it went in a bike that was run on a track recently (albeit the super unleaded version) and it goes in my 1000cc road bike without a problem whatsoever.

Honestly if you were running a turbo then maybe you might have a few problems with detonation or something but even my GT4 managed to use the Tesco stuff without complaining about it :D

It might be a lower grade but the car should still run fine on it, its mostly people's imagination and internet misinformation that cause this sort of problem :D

It moved, it was just far less responsive and it ran rougher than when it was on better quality fuel

Caporegime
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5281450.stm

Asda heats up petrol pricing war

Asda said lower crude prices were behind the price drop
Asda has turned up the heat in the latest petrol price war by cutting its prices for the third time in two weeks.
The group said it would be dropping prices by 2 pence to 91.9p a litre for unleaded petrol and 93.9p for diesel.

Rivals Sainsbury's and Tesco vowed to follow suit, although neither could put an exact figure on the reductions.

Until recently, prices at the petrol pump had been edging toward £1 a litre as crude oil prices hit new records above $77 a barrel.

Earlier in August the average price of unleaded was 98.43p a litre and diesel even higher at 99.62p.

More cuts

Sainsbury's - which sparked the last round of price cuts five days ago - has promised to implement another price drop.

"We're currently the cheapest supermarket for fuel and going forward we will match, if not beat, our competitors on price," the group said.

The country's big three supermarkets said reductions in the wholesale price of crude oil were behind the lower petrol prices.

In Thursday morning trading, the price of benchmark US light sweet crude stood at $71.59 a barrel, down 17 cents from a day earlier, while UK Brent crude had fallen 12 cents to $71.90

"We guarantee that we will be quick to pass on cost savings to our customers and we're delivering again on this commitment by offering the lowest pump prices in the UK," said Asda director Andy Brem.

Back
Top Bottom