Asus A8V series boards

Man of Honour
Does anyone know what happened to the A8V series that were for sale here? I would put this in new product suggestions but I assume they were no longer stocked for a reason, perhaps because the A8V-E SE was similar price to how cheap the low end nForce 4 boards have become but lacked certain features.

The A8V-XE in particular looks like quite a good board now, priced around £35 - 45 with 16x PCI-E, 3 PCI, 2 1x PCI-E and unlike A8V-E SE it has SATA 2 (with 4 ports, to SEs 2) and onboard HD audio. Only thing it is missing from the nForce 4 boards is the Firewall and such and Gigabit ethernet. At that price it is nice to have a full size ATX board alternative (to the mostly M-ATX boards in that price range). Though admittedly it prolly won't overclock much and this is overclockers ;)

http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=143&model=1043&modelmenu=1

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

Most socket 939 boards are now end of life or going end or life. Plus some distributors are choosing just not to sell socket 939 any more and are pushing AM2......

Man of Honour
OP
Yay :D
Asus A8V-XE VIA K8T890 (Socket 939) PCI-Express DDR Motherboard (MB-160-AS)
£46.99

/pimp
100% passive cooling and cool running, 6 channel HD audio + SP/DIF, Opteron and X2 range fully supported out of the box, PCI/PCI-E frequency lock, NCQ, 2x PCI-E 1x (at bottom of board so actually free to use unlike certain other boards), updated SATA support with PATA emulation (no more Windows F6 drivers required unlike VT8237). Umm... that all I can think of right now :p

Back
Top Bottom