Gears of War multiplayer video

Soldato
neojay said:
Am I the only one that thinks this is massively overrated? Don't get me wrong its looks good but nothing ground breaking :confused:
New story.. like a book.. people dont buy a new book each time thinking.. "dammit, why dont they do something new.. this ones written on paper too"

Indeed, it may not be ground breaking but theres some nice touches with the cover system and atmosphere, i think its going to be a good game.

Soldato
Most people just think this will be your average TPS,but i read somewhere that the developers say its more like Bionic Commando the way the cover system works.

Man of Honour
gord said:
New story.. like a book.. people dont buy a new book each time thinking.. "dammit, why dont they do something new.. this ones written on paper too

LMAO, awesome :D

But yeah, the game looks damn good, I dont think its overrated at all, it looks immense, its the unreal 3 engine which is so damn good and people wanna see a game that uses it.

Soldato
gord said:
New story.. like a book.. people dont buy a new book each time thinking.. "dammit, why dont they do something new.. this ones written on paper too"

Indeed, it may not be ground breaking but theres some nice touches with the cover system and atmosphere, i think its going to be a good game.
Your making a comparison to the media it is presented on, so your saying people buy this 360 game to find like all others its on a optical disc... :p

Soldato
neojay said:
Your making a comparison to the media it is presented on, so your saying people buy this 360 game to find like all others its on a optical disc... :p

True, but you know that i meant it is new in the sense of a new story to be told as with why people buy new fiction novels. It just grinds my gears when people say theres not much new when books have stayed in a similar format for years and no one slates them for it.. granted.. it would be slightly harder to advance the book as you would games.

Soldato
gord said:
True, but you know that i meant it is new in the sense of a new story to be told as with why people buy new fiction novels. It just grinds my gears when people say theres not much new when books have stayed in a similar format for years and no one slates them for it.. granted.. it would be slightly harder to advance the book as you would games.
You make good points to which I agree with... I'm just being pedantic lol
(I tip my cap to you sir for getting the "grinds my gears" pun in hehe)

Back
Top Bottom