Poll: OcUKGraphics Comp - Season One: Round Two - "Opposites" DISCUSSION

Whose competition entry do you prefer (read first post before voting)?

• mrdbristol

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Mr_L

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Retorted

• Sp00n

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • NaTe

• Nimzicki

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • MaxPower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SamHandwich

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
Christ, Sam Handwich is second?

Why? No offence to him because he's obviously new to Photoshop, like we all were once. (I'm also quite sure I was even worse than that when I first started :p)

But the piece isn't as good as half of the other entries, yet he's getting more votes than them?

Why? Because some people found it amusing? I think the entries should be graded through the marking scheme not because it made people laugh. :)

Associate
iCraig said:
Christ, Sam Handwich is second?

Why? No offence to him because he's obviously new to Photoshop, like we all were once. (I'm also quite sure I was even worse than that when I first started :p)

But the piece isn't as good as half of the other entries, yet he's getting more votes than them?

Why? Because some people found it amusing? I think the entries should be graded through the marking scheme not because it made people laugh. :)

HOW DARE YOU, MY PIECE IS THE WIN.

If I'm honest though, I'm really not a potatochop n00b at all, but after looking at the previous stages of the competition and realising what a farce it all is I couldn't help but make the worst possible entry just to mock the whole idea.

I guess the fact that my entry is ranked second just proves my point really. The competition would benefit from strict judges and a structure like the photography comps. Clearly nobody can be arsed with this, rendering the whole thing pointless.

Associate
SamHandwich said:
HOW DARE YOU, MY PIECE IS THE WIN.

If I'm honest though, I'm really not a potatochop n00b at all, but after looking at the previous stages of the competition and realising what a farce it all is I couldn't help but make the worst possible entry just to mock the whole idea.

I guess the fact that my entry is ranked second just proves my point really. The competition would benefit from strict judges and a structure like the photography comps. Clearly nobody can be arsed with this, rendering the whole thing pointless.

its only pointless because of entries like yours, as you just said you purposefully tried to make it pointless.

well done

Man of Honour
NaTe said:
its only pointless because of entries like yours, as you just said you purposefully tried to make it pointless.

well done

O.K. Then.

Scrap the poll because , I think we all agree , it isn't being used to judge to the set criteria.

RandomTom to judge this round , along with anyone who didn't enter ( Chaos , sunlitsix , iCraig , Messiah Khan ? ).

This way at least the scores can be added to the previous rounds table , and a level of marking consistency continued.

Winner picks next round subject and also becomes judge 1.

Judge 2 To be decided , unless anyone wants to volunteer.

All those in favour ?

Mark

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
SamHandwich said:
Clearly nobody can be arsed with this, rendering the whole thing pointless.
They can be arsed, but people wanted it to be decided by poll and that's what has happened. Obviously this was a bad idea, which some people did point out when it was discussed. Now that we've tried the poll I think we will all agree not to use it again.

I also think to compare this competition with the photo one is a bit unfair. The photo comp has been established for a while and this one is just starting. Sure it's not perfect yet, but it will get better. Perhaps if people made proper entries, instead of trying to be clever and take the ****, it would do better.

As for this round I think we should stick with the poll result as I don't think it is wildly inacurate, unless people have any objections with that? I also think we should stick with one or two judges, one of which being the previous rounds winner and one fixed one. I don't know who would want to be the fixed judge, but someone who has the time and dedication to maintain the comp would be a good idea.

TBF, I just want some fixed rules in place that are enforced and stuck to, instead of discussing what we can fanny about at in the next round.

Associate
The only thing i am scared of is heaven forbid i win one round i dont think i would make a good judge, being able to give points on each section.

Man of Honour
NaTe said:
The only thing i am scared of is heaven forbid i win one round i dont think i would make a good judge, being able to give points on each section.

Tough. :p

Non of us are "qualified" judges , just vote as you see fit. Everyone see's things in a different way and it will level out with each new judge.

Nimzicki said:
1/2 static plus previous winner.

I'm happy with that , and so is Messiah Khan going by his post.

Lets get this round judged ASAP , and roll onto the next.

Mark

Soldato
Right, how about those people who are willing to be static judges put there names forward, then we'll do a poll(Another one :rolleyes: :p ) to vote for who should be the static judges. Once this is decided, those judges+RandomTom then decide on this week winner(Or are we going by the poll this week?) Then the next challenge can be set.

Man of Honour
messiah khan said:
Right, how about those people who are willing to be static judges put there names forward, then we'll do a poll(Another one :rolleyes: :p ) to vote for who should be the static judges. Once this is decided, those judges+RandomTom then decide on this week winner(Or are we going by the poll this week?) Then the next challenge can be set.

NOooooo.... Not another Poll !

First 2 to put their names forward become the fixed judges for this round + RandomTom , and the same two judge the next round + This rounds winner .

( If any more than 2 names are posted then use them in rotation ).

Lets get this round judged ASAP and move on.

Mark

Man of Honour
messiah khan said:
lol, you not like polls? :p Well if we do go by your method, then im willing to put my name down. Main thing is we need to get this show on the road again.

It's not that i dislike polls , but as we've seen there are so many problems and they take soooooo long !

If you are volunteering then fine. :)

This Round ( Opposites ) to be judged by ;

Messiah Khan + RandomTom

Next Round to be judged by ;

Messiah Khan + Previous round ( Opposites ) winner.

Winner of this round chooses Theme/Subject.

Any objections , Anyone ?

Cheers,

Mark

Man of Honour
Mr_L said:
No objections. Less fanying around and more action.

Good.

If there are no objections ( and if there are they better be bloody good ones :eek: ! ) before midnight then judging will be made by Messiah Khan and RandomTom.

Winner of round will choose the next theme and next round will start on Sunday at 8.30pm.

Mr L are you still prepared to administer comp threads ?

If I sound pushy with my posts , then :p , someone has got to .

Cheers,

Mark

Back
Top Bottom