Ongoing Wireless Issue

Associate
This, has really really baffled me for about a year now.

about a year ago with my 939 venice I got a Asus A8V motherboard and with it came a wireless card, the card installed fine but wouldnt show up the existing wireless network.

I tried different drivers, tested the card on other machines (which showed the existing network fine), different wireless router, changed router settings i.e no wep, no wpa, static ip et etc etc. different operating system, used windows zero config and software, generic wireless programs, netstumbler etc all the little tweaks i could find off google and still, woudlnt show up the existing network.

i bought another card, this time a belkin, same story, this time i tried the card on a old machine that i installed xp on and it worked fine but not on my pc. tried all the above as well.

I thought that it may be something to do with the pci slots (of which i tried all) or something like that, so to try something different i ordered a usb dongle, tested it first on the laptop - fine, then same old story on the PC.

sorry that was a bit long, but im gonna try one more time if anyoen has any ideas before i ditch this motherboard for a new one.

thanks in advance.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
In the advanced wireless settings can you check if Windows is managing the wireless networks or a 3rd party app. I sometimes find if it can't find any networks it's because Windows is trying to manage the networks but it can't because the third party app is actualy doing the job. Windows isn't clever enough to figure out what's going on, so you have to tell it there's a third party app in the Advanced Settings/Wireless Networks

Associate
OP
heh nah, i've tried everything believe me. 3 differnet wirless cards now that i know work perfectly on other comps.

it must be this motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom