Passengers want Asian men thrown off the plane!

Permabanned
johnson said:
Id pay to go on a white only plane. Im not racist like but until asians as a whole sort themselves out, im all for White Flight.
err 9/11 bombers were mainly arabs and 15% of the current airplane plotters were white. So your plan has a big flaw.

Also what about Hispanics or Blacks or Chinese or Japeanes or Korean or etc etc Does Apartheid Airlines have planes for them or is it strictly white only. What about people with mixed ancestry do we apply the one drop rule?

Permabanned
Listen Id be more worried sitting next to Ahmed than Ting Wong. Its true, nobody can invalidate this statement I know im right.

All im saying is you cannot blame people for getting nervous in todays world sitting next to arabs. I myself have pakistani friends im just saying how it is.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Sleepy said:
err 9/11 bombers were mainly arabs and 15% of the current airplane plotters were white. So your plan has a big flaw.

Also what about Hispanics or Blacks or Chinese or Japeanes or Korean or etc etc Does Apartheid Airlines have planes for them or is it strictly white only. What about people with mixed ancestry do we apply the one drop rule?

Yeh good point, it would be hard to draw a line.

Man of Honour
Sleepy said:
You are assuming that its fear thats caused all cancellations/reschedulings when its more likely its people who have the option are changing their plans to avoid the joy that is airport check-in at present.
This weekend is the busiest of the year for air travel due to the fact that it's a bank holiday (only 4 days leave needed), school holidays (most back on the 4th) & summer.
The amount of people who have the option to change their plans would be negligible I'd reckon.

Caporegime
johnson said:
Listen Id be more worried sitting next to Ahmed than Ting Wong. Its true, nobody can invalidate this statement I know im right.
A statement on how you feel can be neither invalidated or validated.
johnson said:
All im saying is you cannot blame people for getting nervous in todays world sitting next to arabs. I myself have pakistani friends im just saying how it is.
Pakistanis are not Arabs.

I'm also inclined to not believe you.

"How it is" is not an absolute measure - it is your opinion.

Permabanned
Borris said:
A statement on how you feel can be neither invalidated or validated.
Pakistanis are not Arabs.

I'm also inclined to not believe you.

"How it is" is not an absolute measure - it is your opinion.

im getting all hysterical in the heat of the moment.

Man of Honour
One of the Pakistanis I work with is flying out to Pakistan tomorrow to visit family and he's scared to death because he doesn't want to get blown up.
We told him not to worry because that would be the safest plane in the sky.

Man of Honour
Borris said:
Me? I'm racist. I differentiate between people of different colours, different religions and different nationalities, quite often for totally irrational reasons.

For example, if a person on the street does something to annoy me, and they happen to be black, then they're a a stupid ******. Similarly, if they're of asian or oriental appearance, they become a **** of chink.

I may be racist, I may not be proud of it, and I may not even care. But at least know it.

I'm exactly the same but for one other point -
if a person on the street does something to annoy me, and they happen to be white, then they're a a stupid white chav from Bucknall.

I have the skill of being racist everywhere and even between white villages/towns etc.

Caporegime
i think its only natural that prejudice is starting to creep further into the mindset of the average british citizen. whether rightly or wrongly, the media is certainly protraying the dark, bearded man, in asian dress to be a threat.

whether this threat has come from "foiled" bomb plots, or actual acts of terrorism, doesnt actually make any perceptual difference to the mind of the average man.

once a certain characteristic becomes associated with terrorism then events and situations as per this thread are of increasing likeliness as we move forward. the element of mistrust, and segregation as well as the lack of integration has caused this prejudice to grow unchecked - due to the fear and uncertainty present in todays society.

it was only a matter of time before the prejudice was acted upon, in this example, the request to throw somebody off the plane because of their characteristics which have been likened to those of terrorists.

how to resolve this issue i am not sure. infact i am positive that i have mentioned before the incompatability between the groups, stemming from the religious differences.

these actions have further widened the gap, increasing the mistrust and ultimately further segregating the minorities in our society perhaps to an extent which is now irreversable/

Soldato
Borris said:
One poster mentioned that the actions are excusable, the justification being that you would do anything to keep your family safe. The corollary of this is that you should wrap your family in cotton wool, and never leave the house, as there are far more dangerous things to do than board a plane, no matter who is on it.

You'll find that people have grown tired with a certain ideology that some practice in the UK, for many reasons, many Koranic and most indulged by varying degrees of the Muslim population. Given the apathy with regards to terrorism by Muslims in the UK (which the 'hilarious' prank is a prime example of) I really couldn't care less if Muslims experience increased inconvenience as the result of the actions of a minority amongst them(which they are doing nothing about).

You could almost claim that we have finally found an excuse for racism, although to say so would be mere speculation on my behalf.

I think the root of the problem is in fact prankism, deep institutional prejudice against two childish imps getting onto a plane to cause a deliberate security scare. It also seems to be that the event has proved to be masturbation material for many who wish to accuse everyone else of racism, thus making themselves seem like the 'civilised' one.

A RACIST play about RACISM, by CBS

Person One: "I'm such a NON-RACIST that I'm going to shout at RACISTS"

Person Two: "You're nowhere near as NON-RACIST as me, because I'm going to call people RACIST whether they're RACIST or NOT!"

Person Three: "You two RACISTS disgust me!"

Last edited:
Caporegime
cleanbluesky said:
You'll find that people have grown tired with a certain ideology that some practice in the UK, for many reasons, many Koranic and most indulged by varying degrees of the Muslim population. Given the apathy with regards to terrorism by Muslims in the UK (which the 'hilarious' prank is a prime example of) I really couldn't care less if Muslims experience increased inconvenience as the result of the actions of a minority amongst them(which they are doing nothing about).
Unsubstantive words don't carry much weight with me, I'm afraid.

cleanbluesky said:
I think the root of the problem is in fact prankism, deep institutional prejudice against two childish imps getting onto a plane to cause a deliberate security scare. It also seems to be that the event has proved to be masturbation material for many who wish to accuse everyone else of racism, thus making themselves seem like the 'civilised' one.
If there are grounds to have someone removed from a plain, I see no problem.

If those grounds are the manifestation of an atmosphere fuelled by events and reinforced by entrenched preconceptions, that, to me, suggests cause for concern.

Soldato
Borris said:
Unsubstantive words don't carry much weight with me, I'm afraid.

I'll bear that in mind.

If there are grounds to have someone removed from a plain, I see no problem.

If those grounds are the manifestation of an atmosphere fuelled by events and reinforced by entrenched preconceptions, that, to me, suggests cause for concern.

I think that almost any condition of someone being evicted from an aircraft would be 'fuelled by events', although I think you are suggesting that it should be the choice of the airline rather than the mob.

I do not believe that the mob chose in this case, as the airline still had authority to do as they wish. They chose to quell the disturbance an evict the pair who had deliberately acted suspiciously.

As far as 'entrenched perceptions' I agree that perception shouldn't be entrenched.

Permabanned
Sleepy said:
You are assuming that its fear thats caused all cancellations/reschedulings when its more likely its people who have the option are changing their plans to avoid the joy that is airport check-in at present.

I'm not assuming anything I am only repeating what "London Tonight" stated.

Permabanned
Sleepy said:

15% - you mean one? I've not seen a white plotter yet although some of the chalk sketches shown on the news are pretty non descript.
Which one was white then? Any chance you can link a picture of him or her?
Sleepy said:
Presumeably that would be down to the airlines to decide, whichever ethnic grouping sells *** most tickets would seem logical.

Permabanned
Nickg said:
it was only a matter of time before the prejudice was acted upon, in this example, the request to throw somebody off the plane because of their characteristics which have been likened to those of terrorists.
In this instance the 2 lads deliberately tried to instigate fear and to frighten and worry the rest of the passengers for "a laugh". It was their actions and not their race that was the problem oh and thier very odd sense of humour.

Caporegime
are wwe talking about the same incident:

"Passengers noticed that, despite the heat, the pair were wearing leather jackets and thick jumpers and were regularly checking their watches."

according to link in OP?

i know of UK white citizens who have said stupid things like "yes i did pack my suitecase "myself" and it has a bomb in it!" jokingly (not exact statement but u get my sentiment)

and they werent forcebly ejected from the flight, nor did other passengers demand this course of action.

therefore - prejudice in OP incident?

Permabanned
Nickg said:
therefore - prejudice in OP incident?

The OP and title are prejudiced however I don't think it was intentional.
The title should say "2 asian men told they could not fly after deliberately acting suspiciously for a prank and to terrify other passengers".
That would be the truth of the matter, I wonder if such a title would have had all the people with chips on their shoulders or PC credentials to prove screaming racism?

Back
Top Bottom