Mobile Contract for Uni

Raj

Raj

Associate
Hello all, first time posting in this forum, thought i draw on the collective knowledge to get a good deal. I’m going to uni in September, and i can finally get a contract and new phone due to lack of landline. I currently have a 7210, so most phones will be a huge step up.

Looking for a contract for around £25, and at a stretch £30. Looking for as many Xnet anytime mins and texts as possible, but all these stop the clock etc as fog to the comparison. I would like a decent phone with camera and mp3 ability, looking at k800i/w810i.

Any recommendations as to what contracts, in terms of Cost/Mins/Texts are available would be greatly appreciated. (I do not really mind 18-month contract)

Thanks in advance, Raj

Soldato
I just got a student contract from orange. £25 a month for 100 minutes and 1000 texts, and if you take out the 18month contract you get a free number to call ("Magic number"). As well as this I got a free K800i :)

There are probably cheaper contracts out there with rebates but I would probably forget/not want the hassle, this will serve my purpose perfectly!

They do a £30 a month option with more minutes IIRC, cba to find my UCAS number to check on the website. :p

Raj

Raj

Associate
OP
I found an online special "Dolphin 35" which is 500 Xnet anytime mins/500 texts for £20 a month (yes its a rebate thing from the Link)[not a competitor?] and either a K800i/W810i/E900

Anyone got any advance on that? and i hear that the Link could be a bit awkward about the cash back, anyone had any experiance?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

If you’re still interested there’s a range of student offers, both contract and Pay As You Talk, available on Vodafone’s online store at the following link:

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/Pay-Monthly-Student-Offers.htm

New priceplans on Vodafone for £30.00 would get you Anytime 200 with 100 inclusive texts and the option of taking three 'extras' from of the following: Stop the Clock, 50% extra minutes (requires the use of two 'extras'), more texts (e.g using 1 extra gets you an additional 250 texts), 3 months half price line rental or six months free access to Sky Mobile TV.

If you can’t find a contract then there’s always Vodafone’s Free Weekends Pay as You Talk offer where, if you spend £2.50 in the week you get free texts all weekend, while if you spend £5.00 in the week you’re also provided with free weekend calls.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom