What kind of sick animal would do this to a 4(!!!) year old boy???

Soldato
Boy tied up and beaten with brick
A four-year-old boy was left in a pool of blood with part of his ear hanging off after he was tied to a tree and battered with a brick.

Charlie Davis was found by a couple on wasteland close to his home in Hessle, near Hull, East Yorkshire, on Thursday.

He has had surgery to repair his ear at Hull Royal Infirmary after what Humberside Police described as a "particularly nasty" attack.

They said the boy was believed to have been assaulted by a male youth.

The incident is thought to have happened just before midday on Thursday after Charlie went to play with a friend.

Victim traumatised

Although he is said to be too traumatised to talk to detectives, Charlie's injuries suggest he was dragged across the ground and kicked in the face before being tied to the tree and hit over the head with a brick.

The attack took place about 200 metres from his home on a strip of wasteland next to Station Road close to the Hull-Hessle railway line.

It is not known whether Charlie, who had been due to go on holiday with his family on Saturday, has been released from hospital.

Humberside Police appealed for any witnesses to the attack to come forward urgently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/5288580.stm

Sick and disgusting crime :mad: :mad: :mad: Unbelievably shocking :mad:

Soldato
It begs the question of how the person who commited this crime was brought up. How can anyone have absolutely no empathy, morals or any good traits? If the person who did this is still a youth, then i'd hate to see how they turn out to be as an adult. :(

Permabanned
Scuzi said:
Why not? I did it and I still see kids running about my street on their own. Have things changed in recent years or do you lot do it differently in England?

It is very different here and we're in a sleepy village.
My 4 year old is currently trying to draw Daleks downstairs and there is no way on earth that she would be allowed out on her own mostly because of the dangers of cars.
I can't recall running about at 4 (I can't recall being 4, I am suprised that you can tbh, my earliest clear childhood memories are aged 6 or 7) and the kids round here hang about in groups (usually family based groups) aged 8-14.
I don't think anyone I know would allow a 4 year old to roam free.

Permabanned
Just reminds me of James Bulger, Now that was shcoking was the same age as Jon Venables and Robert Thompson, even then it shocked, only when I was older did I find out what they really did.

Soldato
VIRII said:
It is very different here and we're in a sleepy village.
My 4 year old is currently trying to draw Daleks downstairs and there is no way on earth that she would be allowed out on her own mostly because of the dangers of cars.
I can't recall running about at 4 (I can't recall being 4, I am suprised that you can tbh, my earliest clear childhood memories are aged 6 or 7) and the kids round here hang about in groups (usually family based groups) aged 8-14.
I don't think anyone I know would allow a 4 year old to roam free.

I used to run around when I was 4, and I couldn't imagine it any other way. I was however brought up in Norway, where there was less traffic and a big forrest for me to play in.

Permabanned
messiah khan said:
I used to run around when I was 4, and I couldn't imagine it any other way. I was however brought up in Norway, where there was less traffic and a big forrest for me to play in.

On your own?

Soldato
VIRII said:
On your own?

As far as I can remember yes, as well as with friends. Its hard to remember back to the age of 4, but I certainly remmeber most of my childhood was spend running about in forests and down by the sea. And IMO my parents are as good a parents as you can get. They have kept me safe, while still letting me have the freedom to live a full life.

On another note, from Sky news;

"But police say that at no point was the child tied to a tree, as it was claimed.

And the mother has retracted the statement attributed to her in the Yorkshire Post.

Charlie is reported to be in hospital but is actually in a good condition."

Permabanned
messiah khan said:
As far as I can remember yes, as well as with friends. Its hard to remember back to the age of 4, but I certainly remmeber most of my childhood was spend running about in forests and down by the sea. And IMO my parents are as good a parents as you can get. They have kept me safe, while still letting me have the freedom to live a full life.

That's cool that she could do that. I wouldn't allow my daughter to do that because of the cars, the possibility of getting lost, the possibility of getting injured and so on.
My brother and I always used to hang out in a group as kids, can't recall wandering off on my own.
My daughter turned 4 this week, she's very bright and tall and smart as a button but she doesn't have the common sense not to run out in front of a car or to look when crossing a road despite me drumming it into her daily.

4 really is very, very, very young. I definately don't have any vivid memories before age 6 when I remember playing cricket. At that age I was running about with a group of mates though and my brother was 4 and he'd have been with us. Although this was on the very safe confines of an Army base.

Back
Top Bottom