Gran's got Mesothelioma (asbestos cancer)

Associate
A few weeks ago my gran had to get a biopsy taken from a lump on her chest.
It has come back as Mesothelioma. :(

My late grandad worked in the dockyard as a shipwright, so he was handling asbestos in a day to day basis. He'd then come home (give my dad a cuddle when he got in as my dad was just a child back then). My gran would then shake the asbestos dust out of my grandads work clothes while laundering them, thus inhaling the asbestos dust.

Fast foward a few decades, and my gran's not got long to live, a few months at most.

All very sad.

Of course, there is also a risk that my dad and his brother may have been exposed to the asbestos dust too. :(

--
Brian

Permabanned
Contact one of the many bloodsuckers/lawyers advertising compensation services for those affected by industrial asbestos use?

*n

Permabanned
penski said:
Contact one of the many bloodsuckers/lawyers advertising compensation services for those affected by industrial asbestos use?

*n

I'd suggest the same by law companies have to hold Asbestos related contact (whether working, exposure etc) for 30 yrs.

Sorry to hear that though :(

Suspended
there asbestos notices where I work everywhere (grand theatre) that says 'warning asbestos', or 'does not contain asbestos'. Its currently going through major renovation and a few months ago work was hindered by a few weeks because large amount were found and had to have special equipment to get ride of it all properly. I think it was off all the old tiles or something

Associate
OP
Thanks for the kind replies.

At the moment Gran is being quite positive about it. A female relative has just gotten over breast cancer, so my gran is thinking that she can beat this too.
Unfortunately that's not the case. However it is good that my gran is quite upbeat about things, so we will try and keep her happy going out and about etc until she is unable.

regards

--
Brian

Soldato
I work for a company who deal with Asbestos testing and removal, not in that department though, i work for IT, but Dealing with Aspestos is one of our main purposes. Iv seen scary facts of the harm it can cause.

Associate
OP
Just thought I'd give an update.

Gran passed away on the 16th August, and we had the cremation service on the 21st.

Towards the end she just fell asleep, so at least she didn't have a painful death.

rest in peace, Nan.

:(

--
Brian

Associate
OP
El Gringo, yes, it was a rather quick progression of the cancer. :(
I guess the only good thing about that was gran didn't suffer too long in the end.

Thanks again for all the replies.

--
Brian

Back
Top Bottom