Emmigration anyone?

Caporegime
GoldenGlory said:
Both my cousin and I who work in IT are seriously considering it.
I'm looking at Australia/New Zealand and he's looking at Canada.

Wish us luck!

Well done Labour for forcing the skilled workforce out, and letting the unskilled workers in to live on benefits. This island is sinking.

Oops, I forgot about Canada, CA will definitely be up there on my list of places to be, visa isn't too hard either.

I maybe doing a PhD in switzerland and have researched price of living etc. Now, witzerland is known as one of the most expensive places on the planet but it will actually be cheaper to live there than in London! Indeed, considering the good PhD stipend, reduced costs being a student etc., I will actually be better off doing a PhD in Switzerland than doing an entry level job in London....

Take the US, you get paid more, taxed less and the cost of living is less. For someone who is into the great outdoors, mountains and wild open spaces it is the perfecto place to be. Damn those Visas :(

Suspended
D.P. said:
Oops, I forgot about Canada, CA will definitely be up there on my list of places to be, visa isn't too hard either.

I maybe doing a PhD in switzerland and have researched price of living etc. Now, witzerland is known as one of the most expensive places on the planet but it will actually be cheaper to live there than in London! Indeed, considering the good PhD stipend, reduced costs being a student etc., I will actually be better off doing a PhD in Switzerland than doing an entry level job in London....

Take the US, you get paid more, taxed less and the cost of living is less. For someone who is into the great outdoors, mountains and wild open spaces it is the perfecto place to be. Damn those Visas :(

I'd swap with you anyday. Currently starting to take a few classes at a US university after being here nearly a year now and fed up to the teeth with arrogant american teens with a sense of entitlement.

The only problem with America is Americans! :p

Associate
Zip said:
Do you know what town and state you will be living? :)

Bendigo, an hour forty five north of Melbourne. Staying in the Hilton for the first night. That'll be a culture shock for the staff with our five kids grumpy from 20 odd hours of 'are we there yet?'. Then we're staying in a lodge for a couple of weeks while we look for a place to rent.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Dried Graze said:
Bendigo, an hour forty five north of Melbourne. Staying in the Hilton for the first night. That'll be a culture shock for the staff with our five kids grumpy from 20 odd hours of 'are we there yet?'. Then we're staying in a lodge for a couple of weeks while we look for a place to rent.

Every one from this forum, seems to be shifting to bendigo :p

Associate
I might leave in around 4 years once I have finished my degree. May move to Germany because I have been learning German for about 4 months anyway and apparantly they need more engineers (even moreso than the UK) or somewhere in Scandinavia if I can get a job there. Possibly Canada but that is unlikey as I want to stay in Europe for now

For me, it has nothing to do with New Labour, more the ignorance of many of the people of Britain and their general inconsiderateness towards other people and their surroundings

Soldato
regulus said:
I'm hoping to leave UK in about 2-3 years time. We (me and missus) already bought a house and massive land in Czech Republic. Infact, my future next door neighbour is a Brit. Since living out there is so cheap, I'll take my time finding a job or starting up a business. I love UK but cannot afford to live here anymore. I'm being taxed out of excistence.

really, where did you buy your land?
Its not really that cheap here, if you want to have a good quality of life its actually quite expensive.

to the OP.

I moved to the Czech Republic around 5 years ago to study, but ended up getting rather settled. I setup my own business bought a car and in the process of looking for a house.

im very happy here however I will have to move back to the uk at some point to get a real job as a Doctor

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I was looking at NZ at the weekend, going to look seriously soon as on the surface it looked good.

Associate
OP
Dried Graze said:

how long did the emigration process take for you from start to to theday the letter came saying that you'd been successful?

Soldato
Paras said:
really, where did you buy your land?
Its not really that cheap here, if you want to have a good quality of life its actually quite expensive.

to the OP.

I moved to the Czech Republic around 5 years ago to study, but ended up getting rather settled. I setup my own business bought a car and in the process of looking for a house.

im very happy here however I will have to move back to the uk at some point to get a real job as a Doctor

Is there no demand for doctors there? Or is the pay too low?

Soldato
I've been thinking about Oz for a few years now as most of my mates bar 2 have already immigrated there a few years ago. I've got no one left here except me parents. Saved up more then enough cash, just need to will myself to go :(

Matters are more complicated as my workplace want me to move to Canada to join one of their divisions there in around 4yrs time.

Trust me, if you want to go, just go and don't hold it off like I did. I'm 30 now and have left it late imo. I wanted to start over again elsewhere, but as said its a bit late.

Back
Top Bottom