thermg said:
Hi guys,

Just done my first sig:

attempt11finalcopypp8.jpg

Any pointers/constructive criticism are more than welcome

Cheers

TheRMG

Nice first sig , btw.

As said above , by sunlitsix , needs a white 1 pixel border.

Image size is 20kb Max.

Try a different colour on the text ( lighter maybe ) cos as posted it's hard to read the red text. Or if you play with what i suggest below , you may be able to put a 1 pixel outside white stroke on the text.

Drop the " / artcic cooler Pro 64" text onto the next line ( after the Geil Ram info ). This will then give you room to enlarge the whole of the text block and make it easier to read.

Anyway , nice start. :D

P.S. What Font are you using ? I like it .

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:
Caporegime
This is not quite a sig. request, although the sizes are similar.

I would be eternally grateful for a small graphic (250ish by 150ish) that says BORRIS (in block capitals), and the same image, but with БОРРИС.

Your reward will be in heaven (and in the page source, where you will be credited as asserting your moral right to the image(s)).

That's pretty much all the specs I have.

Associate
mrdbristol said:
Nice first sig , btw.

As said above , by sunlitsix , needs a white 1 pixel border.

Image size is 20kb Max.

Try a different colour on the text ( lighter maybe ) cos as posted it's hard to read the red text. Or if you play with what i suggest below , you may be able to put a 1 pixel outside white stroke on the text.

Drop the " / artcic cooler Pro 64" text onto the next line ( after the Geil Ram info ). This will then give you room to enlarge the whole of the text block and make it easier to read.

Anyway , nice start. :D

P.S. What Font are you using ? I like it .

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Cheers for the pointers, i believe the text is called Chiller (aptly named i feel)!

I make those alterations and try and get it under 20K which is proving to be very hard!

The RMG

Man of Honour
Borris said:
This is not quite a sig. request, although the sizes are similar.

I would be eternally grateful for a small graphic (250ish by 150ish) that says BORRIS (in block capitals), and the same image, but with БОРРИС.

Your reward will be in heaven (and in the page source, where you will be credited as asserting your moral right to the image(s)).

That's pretty much all the specs I have.

borrissigrussianyk3.gif

borrissigenglishbt4.gif

Let me know colours , backgrounds and format's and I'll change them.

Man of Honour
thermg said:
and get it under 20K which is proving to be very hard!

The RMG

I assume you're using P'shop.

Save for web > Preset:- JPEG HIGH > Then fine tune with the Quality slider ( usually shows 60 in the box next to it) as you reduce or increase the quality , the file size is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen.

20k is more than enough for a sig.

Good Luck.

Mark

Associate
sunlitsix said:
or

file > save for web > select jpeg in the drop down box under 'preset' > click on the circle with little arrow in it, enter 20k > ok > ok

Cheers for the pointers about saving the files, hope the sig looks ok now!

TheRMG

Caporegime
mrdbristol said:
Let me know colours , backgrounds and format's and I'll change them.
Thanks for the start :)

Solid, blockier relief lettering, bold coloured backgrounds (fading to white / clear at the edges) are all good, as are golds and dark reds :)

Back
Top Bottom