Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 31st August 2006

Soldato
RobOC said:
Won't be for too long. Hope you're giving the cell a tidy round. ;)
No need, i haven't settled in at #70 as i'll be moving into #69 as Rincin moves out ;)

Btw my X2 3800+ @ 4600+ speeds has been not on for the last few days and i'm still doing 300ppd. Catch me if you can... :p

Soldato
rich99million said:
nooo it's a very good thing - it means you stomped all over a hell of a lot of slackers in the last week - keep it up :)

oh and welcome to the team :cool:

ahhhh ok. i dont understand a thing of whats going on. but its cool. :)

my conroes working hard on pretty much 6 hours a day. and um is 2m 7 per frame good?

working on P1808_collagen_brodsky AMBER core... now iv seen scores relate to what work and time.. last one i got 400 ish from one WU but i may need some explaning to do with points :confused:

Soldato
The number of points you get for a WU depends how much time the WU will take, how much RAM it will take and what kind of calculations it is doing. Small WUs only get you small points, big WUs get you big points :D

Currently the largest WUs get you 600 points and can take 2 or more days to complete even if your computer runs 24/7.

A stomp is when you overtake someone in the stats table. A slacker is someone who isn't crunching enough or not at all :D

You can look at your stats here: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_overtake.php?s=&u=192760

The link will take you to your overtake stats. Anyones name in green is someone you will overtake or stomp, anyone in red is someone who is going to overtake you :eek:

Hope this helps :)

SiriusB

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Top Dumper
63 . Zip - 1,076

OMG Thats the Biggest dump ive ever done and the first time i have been a top Dumper:D :D :D

WooT!!!!!!

Celeron Powar!!! :cool:

Associate
Yowsers, wasn't quite expecting that - easily my best weekly production! :cool:

Upped the OC a bit but I was away for the week, so I guess thats my prodution without me being around to cause my comp to slack... It also seems as if my AMD likes these 24XX units.

Thanks as always for the update Rich, looking forward to the imminent team stomp :)

Soldato
OP
look at me slacking!!! :eek:

evidence that I'm a great big slacker

nah not really - one of the beta servers has gone down (the nice one with the 364 pointers) so hopefully the few WUs that I've returned but not had credit for yet are safe and sound, to make it worse the backup beta server has nothing but horrible slow Gromacs WUs which are giving horrid ppd

really hoping this will get sorted out soon before I have my 3rd day of zero production this week :eek:
the first one was just due to everything getting in sync the day before when I dumped 1700ish points worth - my 24 avg is dropping with every update - no fair! :( :p

Soldato
rich99million said:
nah not really - one of the beta servers has gone down (the nice one with the 364 pointers) so hopefully the few WUs that I've returned but not had credit for yet are safe and sound, to make it worse the backup beta server has nothing but horrible slow Gromacs WUs which are giving horrid ppd

:( Look at my output plummit too. I have some nasty 2124 abd 2138 gromacs that take forever :(

Dunc

Soldato
OP
dunc said:
:( Look at my output plummit too. I have some nasty 2124 abd 2138 gromacs that take forever :(

Dunc
yeah same here - I've switched a couple of machines back over to normal non-advmethods work to try and get some 600 pointers, no suck luck yet :o

edit: It's apparently sorted now - will see soon I guess
kasson said:
The server is back up. Please be patient with it, as it may take a little time to clear the backlog.

Back
Top Bottom