Sigma 18-50mm AF F3.5-5.6 DC Digital Lens for Canon AF Mount

Soldato
Hey all is this the lens in practical photography this month that it recommends as much better than the canon standard kit lens ? Not the silly expensive lens the cheap sigma one. I dont have the mag to hand at the moment and am not at home, if someone could take a quick peek that would be great.

Associate
It a great budget lens. Has good to very good resolution figures and the build quality is excelent for its price range. I would get it over the 'kit' lens' offered by the retailers/manufacturers.

EDIT: Kit lens' being the 18 - 55mm bad plasticy ones.

Soldato
OP
yeah thats what im thinkin of, my canon kit lens is ruddy aweful and its making funny noises when auto focusing now, so was lookin at a replacement,this one it is then i think without spending insane amounts of money! :D unless any1 has a better suggestion of a lens to replace with ?

Soldato
i bought one of these off ebay, it was dire. however, Sigma had it for a day, recalibrated the focusing etc and sent it back, £33 pound but it now works a treat! better than kit lens.

Soldato
i have this lens, i don't mind it tbh, infact i can post some sample shots, but, like most sigma budget lenses, it's a bit of a lottery as to wether you get a decent one or not, some are supposed to suffer quite bad with CA Fringing (purple fringe) so if you do go to buy one, make sure you test it first.

a couple of examples for you...

church.jpg

pier2rs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom